• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Forum profile editing

Started by Miyokari, April 10, 2020, 02:47:53 am

Miyokari

So I noticed a little issue, nothing too bothersome or urgent in general but when I decided to change my avatar, saved profile but then also decided to change gender in my profile, my avatar has changed back to "No avatar" resetting it to the default one. I then experimented a bit further and whenever I click "Save Profile" it resets the avatar.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • Discord username: Miyokari

Nyzer

• Modding version: Other/Unknown

Miyokari

Quote from: Nyzer on April 10, 2020, 09:11:14 amIt seems to be fine for me.

What browser are you using? Maybe the issue is browser related on my side

Nyzer

Miyokari

April 10, 2020, 10:11:07 am #4 Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 10:28:28 am by Miyokari
I just checked on my laptop, android and PC browser, both on chrome and Firefox the issue happens on all of my devices. Basically I think what happens is that :

When you pick an avatar, everything is fine and the avatar is set on what it is supposed to be.

But after you click "Change profile", the field of avatar redirects itself to [Male] without any portrait picked, so the next time you click "Change Profile" the forum doesn't know which avatar you are picking so it goes back to the default one.

The issue for me goes through all of the portraits, from [Female] down to the [Special]

Nyzer

Much more specific, thank you.

Custom avatars work perfectly fine.

When choosing "female" in the generic avatar list, that subsection dropdown box will reset to "male" the next time one goes to that page. Best guess, this is because it considers "male" the starting point in that dropdown menu, but "female" actually comes first.

It always resets the second dropdown menu, and while it still displays the picture and correct first dropdown choice (unless it was set to female) it will still consider it an invalid selection in the end and reset to "No Avatar" if saved a second time.