• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:58:52 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

How to make dancer skill AOE?

Started by azavier, January 24, 2016, 11:45:28 pm

azavier

Hello everyone i have a patch where i fused the dancer and bard skills into one class and i am trying to make the dancer move Last Waltz into Doom Dancer where it inflicts Doom but it keeps effecting the enemies CT? Also, i am im trying to change the skill Finale into a skill that grants reraise but it keeps missinng and not having a percent ratio. Help ? Really tryint to make a unique dancer class.

Choto

Well, dance and song abilities are super-hardcoded. They all use the same formula, and that formula calls this routine:

http://ffhacktics.com/wiki/Song_abilities

and the one right next to it for dance abilities. That routine is deciding what happens based on the ability slot I believe. So if you're using the original formula, that's why the effects of the ability is changing.

Try using a different formula that can inflict status. If that doesn't work, you'll probably have to make an ASM hack (which would be pretty simple i think), or use different ability slots.