• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 08:09:17 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFT the Durai Records (Working title) VanillaMod

Started by Aiolon, July 23, 2015, 03:53:10 am

Akashachi

Quote from: Aiolon on February 07, 2021, 12:23:19 amI don't actually remember the skills i used for this version. But, if my memory is still working, you can get a preview of all the learn-on-hit abilities during the opening battle at orbonne monastery.

I believe i wrote some hints on how to learn the abilities on their description text but i could be mistaken.

Yeah, two skills are at the Orbonne fight, one from Gaffgarion and another from Izlude. I also got one from Dycedarg but it seems I missed one in a previous boss fight. I tried to get hit by Wiegraf but he only used Lightning Stab and Meliadou just kept breaking my gear.

It is a great mod, the only bad thing is that I miss all the changes you made when playing different mods... Can't say how many times I ended losing a unit because I forgot to raise them 😅
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

SBHubal

I just wanted to say that Miluda in Lenalia Plateu is whopping my ass.
I find difficulty of this mod on point.
No crystal after death is great Idea.
So far Archers are too weak, need some balancing.
I would like to have control over all guests not only Delita.
I am really looking forward for your next hack.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

mikih

I'm currently trying to download and play this mod, but seems like everytime i patch it using PPF-o-matic i'm unable to start the game as the emulator doesn't recognize the file. Any help would be appreciated, really looking forward to play the mod!

Nyzer

mikih

No, i'm patching it to the original PSX iso game. I've tried patching The Lion War ppf to the original iso and it works properly, but it doesn't work for Durai Records mod for some reason.

Akashachi

It is because of how the author named the file. Just rename the file inside the zip to something like Durai.ppf and you will be able to patch it correctly

SBHubal

Dr Sausage

I love this mod!

I just listened to the State of the Arc podcast covering FFT and felt compelled to pick it up for the first time in years. The subreddit steered me over here and I'm really glad it did; this is the first mod I've tried and I can't wait to check out others.

I really like the big swings you took with removing charging, stealing and permadeath while adding an mp cost to everything. The new classes and reworked items are lots of fun and I don't miss almost anything you took out. I also really like the new random encounters and the modifications to Ramza, Agrais, and Meliadoul's base classes, and especially the rework of  Rafa and Malak.

I'm deep into it now, and one issue I'm having is that I can't initiate the side quest that leads to getting Beowulf, Worker 8, etc. From chapter 3 on, every time I go to Goug the screen fades to black and gets hung up on the "now loading" screen. I've tried going and a bunch of different times throughout the game, but keep having the same issue. Is anyone else having this issue? Any idea what I can do differently?

In any case, I'm pretty stoked to have found this community. Thanks!

Kataanira

any idea what would make the synsthesis shop not show the items needed? i tried on both psxe and duckstation.

Akashachi

This version of the synth shop won't work in most emulators. If playing on PC you should use pSX (check the hacktics tool page for download)

louied

December 15, 2022, 07:55:55 pm #130 Last Edit: December 15, 2022, 09:36:27 pm by louied
Edit: I figured it out, I'm unsure how these things work, but I cleared my PSX cdimage folder and put in a freshly patched tactics with a new cue file to go along with. That .cue file was also in the same folder when the vanilla iso got patched. I think the error was the .cue file belonging to/paired with the vanilla iso oringally because I didn't mess with the vanilla .cue file when after testing to make sure my iso works, I'm unsure. Also I've been saying .iso, but if for playstation files its .bin sorry. Looking forward to playing the mod now!

So I tried patching the game to a Vanilla PSX FFT ISO that works, however when I try to load the game it says, "CD not usable: Failed to read.cue file" But its not a cue file, its a bin file.

Here are the steps that I'm doing
1.Clean FFT PSX ISO file
2.Unzipping Durai patch
3.Renaming the patch to Durai.ppf
4.Patching using the clean iso file and patch with PPF-O-Matic that I downloaded from the FFT Hacktics Tool page
5.Upon opening up the newly patched .bin file, my PSX emulator prints out the error stated above?

Any tips?

pSX v1.13 if that helps
  • Modding version: PSX

louied

Hello everyone! Love the mod, it's the only game I've been playing right now. Does anyone have a list of the jobs with their job requirements, to include job levels? Thanks
  • Modding version: PSX

bluemage

Hello everyone. Would someone get me the file other than in the format it is in? I've used several apps and it doesn't open. Thanks in advance.

bluemage

Hello. This mod seems very interesting to me, but although I open it from the zip, it does not appear a ppf file, but one of type 3 and I can not open it. Could someone help me?

Wolfy

Heya don't know if you still gonna update this but here to report some bugs that i have encountered and some opinion.

Bugs
-First is really not a bug or idunno. I can't seem to find this "Lohengrin" for the Excalibur synthesis is this a rare drop from a war trophy?

-Dupe bug. When you buy an item like the Mana Spring, Ultima Magicite is it called gems? Anyway, when you press up it displays a -1 and that's the start of duping, you can repeatedly do -1 even though you don't have that item anymore in your stock.

Opinions
-Alucard is seriously underwhelming, i mean i think i get where you going in making his Sword Skills one for Big Range and one for Single Target but asides from this, his other skills were super underwhelming or maybe its magic based?

-Darkqueen? :3. Really just wanted my Agrias to be Holy Swordsman at the same time have Darklord skillset

Thats it really aside from buggy Alucard Event, everthing's good.
Oh and lastly can you pls give an advice on those Tiamats? 'cause they're really giving me a hard time. Like what job composition to use, recommended skills/spells and possible recommended equipment on a player just really starting to grind on late chp4.

Tia

wesleykfg

Hello I don't know if you still gonna update this topic, but I have to say how amazing is this mod, I'm loving playing!
I'm just having one problem on Goug Machine City...
Every time I go to Goug after the chapter 3 or 4 the screen fades to black and gets hung up on the "now loading" screen.
I don't know if I did something wrong... If you guys could help me solve this problem?
Sorry for my bad English, it's not my first language!