• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

September 20, 2024, 09:22:15 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Journey of the Five - Chapter 1 DOWNLOAD HERE! (Current Version v1.97e)

Started by 3lric, March 25, 2013, 08:13:33 pm

Nyzer

If you check that post I linked, there's a comment with someone's custom fix to MultiPatch that supposedly lets it patch PPF files as well.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

damon5555

Quote from: Nyzer on January 22, 2021, 11:08:55 pmIf you check that post I linked, there's a comment with someone's custom fix to MultiPatch that supposedly lets it patch PPF files as well.

Thanks Nyzer. I tried the download from the Reddit link, but unfortunately it's the same issue (stuck at the PS1 logo). I really appreciate everyone's help.
  • Discord username: damon5555

3lric

Quote from: damon5555 on January 28, 2021, 06:48:58 pmThanks Nyzer. I tried the download from the Reddit link, but unfortunately it's the same issue (stuck at the PS1 logo). I really appreciate everyone's help.

Than you either
1) have a bad/incompatible rom file
2) have an issue with the patcher program. There should be a better one of these to use instead of Multipatch... Did the MacOS Version of PPF-O-Matic 3 not work for you for some reason? https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/355/
  • Modding version: PSX

littlebook

Hi everyone, can i ask this: When the Chapter 2 release? I love playing this game's mod.

Krisbr99

this and a great game fan service that I played loved and I will download and play again just waiting for the continuation :more:
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • Discord username: Krisbr99

mikepronin

anyone can help me apply the Jot5 Easy Mode patch this game a little hard and not getting enough gold to restock your potion and phoenix down
I'm new to this and not sure how to modify the game to make it a little easier. I don't want it really easy just feel a little unbalanced with the CPU doing almost twice the damage I'm putting out.
  • Discord username: mikepronin

Nyzer

Quote from: mikepronin on December 08, 2021, 10:31:39 amanyone can help me apply the Jot5 Easy Mode patch this game a little hard and not getting enough gold to restock your potion and phoenix down
I'm new to this and not sure how to modify the game to make it a little easier. I don't want it really easy just feel a little unbalanced with the CPU doing almost twice the damage I'm putting out.

What part is going wrong?

3lric

Quote from: mikepronin on December 08, 2021, 10:31:39 amanyone can help me apply the Jot5 Easy Mode patch this game a little hard and not getting enough gold to restock your potion and phoenix down

The CPU should never be spitting out twice the damage you are unless you are talking about bosses. The Easy mode patch is not official, it was made, and then got posted here and it got added to the OP because i didnt want people thinking it was something more than what it was. I don't offer support for it though, you will need to apply it via FFT Patcher

jjzigen

Hi, just wondering if this is still an active mod and what is the current version? Can it be played using an emulator?

3lric

Quote from: jjzigen on February 23, 2022, 01:22:46 amHi, just wondering if this is still an active mod and what is the current version? Can it be played using an emulator?

Yes
The one in the OP
play with pSX (1.13) emulator

Kataanira

such a great game, cant wait for the rest of it...i have a major issue with over leveling because i want to see all the jobs you've done but its so impossible at the moment bahaha! keep up the great work!

Fernando

Quien me puede pasar el viaje de los 5 q no me deja descargarlo

3lric

Quote from: Fernando on April 19, 2023, 09:38:47 amQuien me puede pasar el viaje de los 5 q no me deja descargarlo

No, we don't send pre-patched roms. You will need to do it yourself. The download is working fine.

Pyro-1234

I finished the game, quite difficult but enjoyable, maybe enemies spam too much phoenix down, but that is my opinion, the thing is that the game did not allow me to save, the message would be checking the memory card and then freeze there with the message blinking, the sound of the game would go on normally but I could not leave or cancel the menu, so I used the save states, so the emulator is a PCSX, so is it something from the mod, or maybe the online tool to patch did something wrong or was the version USA of the game?

another thing I would like to ask is if it is possible to get a patch or something to use Link in the base game, as he was my favorite character in the run

TheRaGe1969

Quote from: Pyro-1234 on August 01, 2024, 01:51:52 amI finished the game, quite difficult but enjoyable, maybe enemies spam too much phoenix down, but that is my opinion, the thing is that the game did not allow me to save, the message would be checking the memory card and then freeze there with the message blinking, the sound of the game would go on normally but I could not leave or cancel the menu, so I used the save states, so the emulator is a PCSX, so is it something from the mod, or maybe the online tool to patch did something wrong or was the version USA of the game?

another thing I would like to ask is if it is possible to get a patch or something to use Link in the base game, as he was my favorite character in the run

I dont know how you beat this game, the very first fight against monsters is just way too hard, the monsters just have way too much healing power, it has been impossible for me to beat that fight without cheating... and after using cheats i kinda lost interest in playing this hack... (whats with the stupid captcha?)

3lric

Quote from: TheRaGe1969 on August 01, 2024, 10:11:12 pmI dont know how you beat this game, the very first fight against monsters is just way too hard, the monsters just have way too much healing power, it has been impossible for me to beat that fight without cheating... and after using cheats i kinda lost interest in playing this hack... (whats with the stupid captcha?)

It's not impossible, you are just too stuck to traditional vanilla mechanics. Let go of that and play different.

TheRaGe1969

Quote from: 3lric on August 03, 2024, 04:53:15 pmIt's not impossible, you are just too stuck to traditional vanilla mechanics. Let go of that and play different.

?
I advanced a bit in the game now, really, im winning the boss fights by pure random luck...

How do you play different by the way? Im using what the game gives me... different how?

Edit: Spoilers ahead...

Everyone but Agrias are currently level 80+, i really enjoy mastering jobs to get skills and stuff, but... BUT... being that high in level is fatal, im at the Alma fight in the swamp right after she flees the castle... so you see, the enemies have all over 600Hp.., and of course i have crap weapons and armor, Alma and company are ill equipped (long swords? lol yeah) and they are also lacking skills too... i honestly dont see how im going to pass that fight when the werewolf there just one shots everyone... tell me... how do i play different?  :(

Nyzer

A few examples:

The base game makes it all but a waste of time to attempt to use most status inflictions. Haste is by far the best positive status effect and more or less the only one worth inflicting. This is not true in Jot5: Regen is now arguably the best positive status effect, while Haste's speed boost has been cut in half. Poison is very good, Oil is amazing if you have Fire damage, Blind is... still very finicky, but the buff to W-EV making it no longer require a Reaction skill to use means it nearly always has some effect.

Magic jobs are rather weak in the base game compared to most physical options. There are a few reasons for this such as how trivially easy it is to get a decent Movement range, how rare shields and Weapon Guard are, how much damage melee attacks do, and how few options there are for MP restoration (which physical jobs never need). Jot5 changes all of that and even adds special effects to all Black Magic so that you can do things like ignore evasion with Shock, inflict Oil with Melt, or inflict Slow with Blizzard. This makes Wizards very effective damage dealers, but a lot of people don't even try getting one because outside of using round one assassination strats, they're rather weak in vanilla.

But speaking of generic jobs in general, they are ignored a lot of the time too. Yet the Knight is one of your best AoE healing options and can even restore MP and grant Reraise to allies (or themselves, leading to effective immortality). The Ranger's use of Aim and Venom Strike alone makes them fantastic. Even the Chemist having much better access to MP restoration and Regen makes it a great job to use. This is because people are so caught up in not just the vanilla design of "special jobs = amazing" but also forgetting that by the time you started getting units like Agrias and Mustadio, the rest of your party already had all your support and utility options covered, so they could just hunker down in their base jobs and do fine.

TheRaGe1969

Poison is useless in the current fight i am now (that is if Rad even get the ability, because he gets random abilities every time i redo the fight), the morbols have regenerator, and that offsets the poison, so its not advised to hit them, but they are spamming bad breath giving me 3-5 status ailments, there is also an undead there, immune to poison... the only one that get affected by poison is the werewolf, but it doesn't matter, he still get close enough and kills everyone with just one hit...

And again... im level 80+, with crap equipment that gives me crap bonuses... the monsters at this point have tons of HP, in the fight im now its cool to hit a morbol with a long bow for like 40-60 damage, trying to inflict poison, only for the monster to activate regnerator, remove the poison and every round it heals for nearly 100 HP...

It also affects the random battles, i have to choose my fights, meaning that i have to restart the game if i see certain combination of monsters on the field because they have so much healing power its ridiculous...

Nyzer

You're not... meant to BE above level 80. Not even close. And since this mod is from 2013, it predates hacks like level capping per chapter.