• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:18:45 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

The Lion War 2.031 - DOWNLOAD HERE!!

Started by 3lric, September 17, 2021, 03:00:04 am

Ananda

this patch is amazing!  could you just give a suggestion?  In case you have thought about it... could you make a version that is difficult in history mode?  I mean that the level of the enemies is equal to or higher than Ramza's?  Since training units to have more abilities, they get too strong in story battles.  thank you very much and again, wonderful patch.  total thanks!!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Tyler

Just wanted to chime in and say the effort put into this project is appreciated and you all did an amazing job. Awesome work.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: tylerf#3233

badboi00

how do i add the mod, do i need to download the psx version or what

3lric

Quote from: badboi00 on May 02, 2022, 12:15:03 amhow do i add the mod, do i need to download the psx version or what

You need to read the included readme file...

peen

amazing mod how can I find sheet or walkthrough of this mod

Sabin

Hey guys I just joined up- I had wondered for a while if there was a way to play the PSP version with the original text.
After a few moments of searching I found this place!
Gotta say, i'm surprised FFT had a place like this online.  Wish I knew long ago!

Anyways though, got the game going and just started it out.  Seems to be exactly what I was hoping for!

Thanks a lot to the work put in!

badstapp

Starting now

was about to download other 2

Celdia's Complete Patch
Lapis Tactics

but...this got my heart, i ll be back to post my emotional toughts haha

Silverbags

August 25, 2022, 02:22:49 am #47 Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 03:28:50 am by Silverbags
Hey, I just discovered this website and I'm really excited to try your mod but I cannot figure out how to patch the iso. I opened the readme and it simply says "patch to a clean iso". I've never done anything like this and I've searched google and youtube with no helpful results.

Would someone be willing to simply tell me step by step what I need to do? It would be awesome if there was a thread covering this for absolute beginners like me.

What I have: FFT PSX .iso file.
Your mod file.

What now?

Thanks!

EDIT: I may have just found the tutorial video I needed. If not I"ll re-edit.

RE-EDIT: Sadly that video was old and did not help me. I'm still at a loss. I found some useful links on the forum but even after downloading the FFT Patcher, I still have no idea what to do. Would really appreciate some help. I'm stuck.

Notes: So, just to be clear, what I downloaded was a disc image file. When I try to use this, it just mounts it to DVD drive and I can view the files inside it. There's no PPF, no Application, I can't open your patch if FFT Patcher, I can't open it in ePSXe, so I'm really confused as to what I'm supposed to do with this disc image. Do I need a special program to apply this particular kind of patch? Or do I need to somehow extract info from the disc image? I'm completely lost.

• Discord username: Silverbags

nitwit

Quote from: Silverbags on August 25, 2022, 02:22:49 amHey, I just discovered this website and I'm really excited to try your mod but I cannot figure out how to patch the iso. I opened the readme and it simply says "patch to a clean iso". I've never done anything like this and I've searched google and youtube with no helpful results.

Would someone be willing to simply tell me step by step what I need to do? It would be awesome if there was a thread covering this for absolute beginners like me.

What I have: FFT PSX .iso file.
Your mod file.

What now?

Thanks!

EDIT: I may have just found the tutorial video I needed. If not I"ll re-edit.

RE-EDIT: Sadly that video was old and did not help me. I'm still at a loss. I found some useful links on the forum but even after downloading the FFT Patcher, I still have no idea what to do. Would really appreciate some help. I'm stuck.

Notes: So, just to be clear, what I downloaded was a disc image file. When I try to use this, it just mounts it to DVD drive and I can view the files inside it. There's no PPF, no Application, I can't open your patch if FFT Patcher, I can't open it in ePSXe, so I'm really confused as to what I'm supposed to do with this disc image. Do I need a special program to apply this particular kind of patch? Or do I need to somehow extract info from the disc image? I'm completely lost.
If your issue is you don't know how to patch a rom with a PPF file:
https://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=12863.msg231483#msg231483

If that's not the issue, tell us what you tried and where exactly in the process you are.

Also pure white bolded text is somewhat jarring, please don't use such things for emphasis. This forum isn't busy enough that your reply will be lost and while everyone appreciates your enthusiasm we appreciate not being exposed to bright light on our dark themed monitors in a dark room even more.

Silverbags

I didn't use the bold white font to get attention. I used it because that was pleasing to my eyes. I'm sorry it offended yours. For your sake, I'll leave it out this time.

I figured out what the problem was. When I extracted the original download file, the PPF was lost on my desktop and I didn't see it till just now. It works perfectly!

Thanks a million to the ones who made this mod! You guys rock! Maybe one day we'll be able to Rendevous online with each other. Either way, so glad to see I'm not the only one who appreciates this amazing game.

Thanks again,

Silver
  • Discord username: Silverbags

3lric

TLW 2.03 is now live, as are the resources

Feuholden

im in chap 4 on previous version 2.021.. i can't load save game on version 2.03..
I Play Every Mod

3lric

Quote from: Feuholden on September 12, 2022, 02:14:59 amim in chap 4 on previous version 2.021.. i can't load save game on version 2.03..

Correct, but not because of TLW. Because you have QoL. QoL is not currently compatible with 2.03 it seems. 2.021 saves work fine with 2.03

lrdtarrask

Hello, im new here.
Theres any link with detailed information about The Lion War 2.03 ?
Like Jobs requeriments, stats growth, etc.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Nyzer

Quote from: lrdtarrask on September 14, 2022, 12:52:34 amHello, im new here.

https://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=12322.0

3lric

Quote from: lrdtarrask on September 14, 2022, 12:52:34 amHello, im new here.

None of those things you mentioned were changed. TLW isnt that kind of mod

wonderwyce

Could you make historical battles more difficult? that the enemies' level is equal to or greater than Ranza's
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

3lric

Quote from: wonderwyce on October 08, 2022, 02:36:57 pmCould you make historical battles more difficult? that the enemies' level is equal to or greater than Ranza's

What about this being a vanilla extension patch/base patch eludes you? All the gameplay here is vanilla sans Ashley Riot. It's not my job to create the patch for you. Either play it as is, or mod it yourself. That is what this mod is quite literally for...

Amici

How far along or how "final" is this patch already? I used to work on a personal patch where I edited Ramza to have a new job class, plus new custom sprites for some characters, while everything else is retained. But it happened with an earlier release and thus my work is already "outdated". I would rather try to do it again with finished version of TLW.

Are there still a lot of bugs/things to fix/stuff to add in the latest version? Or is it safe to say that the latest version is already far along enough that I don't need to worry about reupdating my patch on an even newer version  of TLW.

3lric

Quote from: Amici on October 30, 2022, 09:04:23 amHow far along or how "final" is this patch already? I used to work on a personal patch where I edited Ramza to have a new job class, plus new custom sprites for some characters, while everything else is retained. But it happened with an earlier release and thus my work is already "outdated". I would rather try to do it again with finished version of TLW.

Are there still a lot of bugs/things to fix/stuff to add in the latest version? Or is it safe to say that the latest version is already far along enough that I don't need to worry about reupdating my patch on an even newer version  of TLW.

If you wanted to know about active bugs, the bug thread woulda been the right place

I have no intention of making any more updates to this patch outside of 1 event update