• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 05:28:24 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

How to make dancer skill AOE?

Started by azavier, January 24, 2016, 11:45:28 pm

azavier

Hello everyone i have a patch where i fused the dancer and bard skills into one class and i am trying to make the dancer move Last Waltz into Doom Dancer where it inflicts Doom but it keeps effecting the enemies CT? Also, i am im trying to change the skill Finale into a skill that grants reraise but it keeps missinng and not having a percent ratio. Help ? Really tryint to make a unique dancer class.

Choto

Well, dance and song abilities are super-hardcoded. They all use the same formula, and that formula calls this routine:

http://ffhacktics.com/wiki/Song_abilities

and the one right next to it for dance abilities. That routine is deciding what happens based on the ability slot I believe. So if you're using the original formula, that's why the effects of the ability is changing.

Try using a different formula that can inflict status. If that doesn't work, you'll probably have to make an ASM hack (which would be pretty simple i think), or use different ability slots.