• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:31:03 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Problem replacing Dragon Tame with Wild-Blow like power?

Started by Timbo, April 29, 2010, 01:17:42 am

Timbo

So, I'm trying to replace Dragon Tame with a sword only version of v1.3's wildblow, but even though its learned its not showing up?  I've place it in the  07 Battle Skill skillset and I've checked it with Battle Skill as primary and secondary.  I'm also using Battle Skill on its native job the Knight.

By rights it should show up, but it doesn't and I can't figure out why.  Is there a problem with Dragon Tame?  Am I overlooking something?  formerdeathcorps uses this exact skill on another set and it works just fine?  Will somebody please help me?

I've included a print screen of the skill for reference.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Timbo

VampragonLord

did you swap out one of knights skills, or did you just tack this skill onto the bottom?
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

Timbo

I moved the Stat Break Skills out and added some more in.

It looks like:
Head Break---> First Aid (Seal 1)
Armor Break--> Phalanx Defense (Steal Exp)
Shield Break--> Execute (Shock)
Weapon Break--> Blade Flurry (Dragon Tame)
Magic Break--> Head Break
 Speed Break--> Armor Break
Power Break--> Shield Break
Mind Break--> Weapon Break

formerdeathcorps

Checks:
1) Did you actually learn the fourth knight skill (regardless of whether it was weapon break or blade flurry) on whichever unit you are testing this with?
2) Are you actually using a sword?
3) Did you set your primary as 07 rather than allowing FE (Player Job)?  That is known to cause problems, especially if you accidentally had two of the same skillset.
4) Does another unit class have 07 as its default skillset?
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Timbo

1.) Yes, infact the job was mastered.
2.) Yes
3.) I'm not sure what you are talking about.  If you meant, did you have a player with 07 as their primary and secondary skillsets, then no.
4.) No

Edit: So, weird thing. I re-patched my iso and everything worked fine. I don't get it but I'm not asking questions.