• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 12:46:01 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Job & Skill Proposals/Idea Thread

Started by Vanya, November 21, 2009, 11:35:58 am

DeadManWalking

Quote from: "formerdeathcorps"Adamantine Blade can't guarantee both the ability to always cast cure and regen.

Can't specifically be Faith based, but it can heal and inflict regen at the same time with the raise formula.

formerdeathcorps

The raise formula is faith based and won't work if the unit already has regen.  Thus, this can only be used once on a unit.
I assumed he meant 32 SP (really should be 34).

The problem with self-destruct is that you don't guarantee you kill the enemy.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Skip Sandwich

also, the self-destruct part of the self destruct formula only applies if the caster is actually in the AoE of the ability, so it's only applicable to linear attacks, and abilities with ranges low enough that the caster is guaranteed to be in the AoE.
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

The Damned

Besides what Skip Sandwich said, Self Destruct always adds status unless the Inflict Status Code you're using is Separate. So using All Dead will always kill the enemy if they're vulnerable to Dead, which most things are.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

The HiemLICH

It seems I have much to reply to. Okay..

@SilvasRuin
Don't be so quick to judge someone you've never met. If you can't tell by my post numbers, no, I have not been experimenting long. I just wanted to clear that up and remove the hostilities and misconceptions... anyway. I've seen maps where there have been seven enemies and a guest, and I've seen maps with eleven enemy Monks. It simply has to be possible to change the game to allow for seven allies and up to fifteen enemies. At least, I hope. As far as it goes making the game breaking... I brought it here because it is game breaking and because I wanted suggestions. The community shouldn't have a problem if I'm breaking my own game, it's not like I'm trying to say it's perfect, or saying I'm releasing it for you all to play and asking for praise. Also, again, suggestions always welcomed. Forgive me for not making that clearer. I also realize I didn't make it clear that when I said making the game impossible to lose, I didn't say that all the abilities came out like I wanted them to. In fact, White Wind ended up hitting three times, guaranteed, without the Drain. So.. as I said earlier, forgive me for the misconceptions, these jobs and abilities are still VERY young. As in.. last night.

@Formerdeathcorps
If I remove Scream from Ramza(as I do want to change his Job around a bit as well), do you think I could manipulate it to do what it already basically does, but also use Chakra? Or is this completely impossible?
I'm okay with Knight Guard not being 100% on Regen landing.
White Wind is just a stage .01 name. I thought of the White Wind's past and figured "Yes, healing." But my Paladin has enough healing, and I wanted him to be a bit more offensive. I could change the name, and forget the Drain, keep the Random x3 attack?
Deity's Faith - no, sorry. I messed up. It only damages HP, not MP as well. I want it to cost the amount of MP for the DMG it does. I.E., 48 MP/48 DMG.
Okay. Moving onto Beserker. I guess I can just hope Zodiac releases something that'll help that.
Is there a way to make the first attack of Rage Rush be stronger to compensate for the weaker attack? If not, I could be okay with a reduced second attack.
I don't want Global Quarter to be a 100% for the Status. I suppose the formula could change to use less PA, but the only way I could figure it was to alter Split Punch, what with statuses+dmg.
I figure War Sanity is impossible because of the Str+ and the HP Loss, right? I couldn't figure out how to get around it, though I have gotten him to successfully, 100% Beserk and Haste.
Ares' End is done exactly the way Silvas describes. Moving on...
Why can you not have two abilities from Throw and Jump be implemented into another Skillset? You don't have to take them away from the other jobs to use them in another job.
Field Command is something I want to use for the Cavalier to get extra Move, but in battle. I didn't know how else to do this without giving him an innate high move, and then giving him Quick. I could take away the 100%.. But I don't know how to increase the MP cost.
Megalixer, or, Supply as I want to call it.. I literally have no idea how to add this smoothly. Could I take away Zodiark or any other summon, add it to Cavalier, change the way its used and make it cost All MP? Reaching Hand is something I'm really interested in, as a throwback to Fire Emblem games where mounted knights could throw weapons. If I could make reaching hand possible, I'd take away his Throw Axe/Throw Spear abilities. Perhaps I could take some specific weapons, give them advanced range, remove them from Shops and just have the Cavalier come equipped with them? That'd be pretty unique.

@Deadmanwalking and Formerdeathcorps again
The Raise formula would work fine for this. I could describe the "Cure" part of it as being an instant part of the Regen taking affect, and therefore it would basically only cast Regen, and wouldn't work on the same character within a unique amount of time. I think that works fine for this job, as it's not supposed to be so relative to the White Mage.. well, it is, but some faults on its part are expected (and desired, as I don't -want- to make jobs that are stupid powerful.)

On a final note, instead of raising HP and MP values, I could just simply lower PA and MA values for the game, as I know that can be done. This would make the Beserker's abilities very valuable, yea? What I'm saying is, lower the power of Weapons and maybe let Armors have a bit more HP and MP. Would this not make my jobs seem less like walking killing machines who are incapable of defeat?

DeadManWalking

I basically have potions working like that in the patch I'm working on.

Skip Sandwich

@HeimLICH
you can't use the throw, jump, draw out, charge, item, elemental or math skill abilities in a skillset other then their own, because they all require special skillsets to work properly, and simply don't work in a default skillset.
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

The HiemLICH

That sucks super hard! >< Okay. Do you think my revised idea for Reaching Hand is plausible? Giving him "special" equipment with advanced range?

SilvasRuin

It wasn't so much hostility as it was "Gah!  That's a lot of stuff this guy needs explained.  I'm too lazy.  Hey, you, go experiment more before convincing yourself you can do stuff!"

I don't think there's any way to make MP costs dynamic.  Except maybe if you make an Osmose or whatever you want to call it get absorbed.

Such weapons with special range are possible, but not making them exclusively available... without some trickery.  Remove harps, cloths, or something else of that nature, replace their animation with clones of the weapon animation you want, change up the coding of the weapon animation so the character(s) perform it properly, change the formula of that weapon type to mimic the type of weapon you want it to be, and then make only Cavalier able to equip them.  You'd probably need to replace one weapon type for each weapon type you want an extended range weapon for.

Here's an easier example.  Copy and paste the Axe graphics over the Mace graphics.  Give Maces greater range in the patcher.  Make it so only Cavaliers can equip Maces.  Voila, Axes only Cavaliers can use, and they can hit from farther away with them.  This is easy as the two weapon types are fairly close to identical as far as i can tell.

Saran_Cadrey

May 24, 2010, 03:53:46 am #289 Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 05:02:36 pm by Saran_Cadrey
This is my idea of a Paladin/Defender/Guardian-type job class I'm using for a major job-class patch I'm working on, FFT: Omega.  I wanted something that was balanced, a master of defense for the party, a moderate enemy disabler, and a unit not at all dependant on damage to be effective.

Job:  Divine Guardian

Skillset:  Protection

Inspired Defense - Divine magic inspires nearby allies to take a defensive stance.  Adds Defend to all nearby allies.  Range: 0,  Effect: 3, Allies
Saint's Fury - Divinity inspires recklessness and abandon in a foe.  Adds Berserk / Haste to an enemy.  Range: 2, Single Enemy, MP: 4
Holy Shield - Divine magic veils an ally in protective barriers.  Adds Defend / Protect / Shell to an ally.  Range: 1, Single Ally, MP: 6
Pacifist - The divine resolves to keep the enemy from fighting but protects from attacks as well.  Adds Don't Act / Wall to an enemy.  Range: 2, Single Enemy, MP: 8
Redemption - Returns a dead ally to the battle.  Range:1, Single Dead Ally, MP:10
Devotion - Inspire faithfulness to surrounding units.  Adds Defend / Faith to all nearby allies.  Range: 0, Effect: 3, Any Units, MP: 12
Divine Protection - Adds Defend / Protect to all surrounding allies.  Range: 0, Effect: 3, Allies, MP: 14
Purify - Cures ailments of mind and body.  Cancels Poison / Berserk / Confusion / Charm / Blood Suck / Death Sentence, MP: 8
Hand of Justice - Divine magic destroys instruments of war.  Breaks an enemy's equipped weapon. Range: 1, Single Enemy, MP: 18
Inspired Crusader - Adds Defend / +10 Brave / +1 PA/ +1 MA / +1 SP to an ally.  MP: 20
Blessing of Defense - Divine magic encases an ally in an immobile protective shroud.  Adds Defend / Wall / Don't Act / Don't Move.  MP: 30
Divine Light - The divine magic blesses allies with light that restores but blinds.  Adds Defend / Regen / Blind to all nearby allies.  Range: 0, Effect: 3, MP: 12
Divine Intervention - Restores an ally's HP while offering protection but also pacifism.  Adds Defend / Regen / Protect / Shell / Don't Act  Range:1, Single Ally, MP: 24
Deus Ex Machina - Adds Defend / Reraise to an ally. Range: 1, Single Ally, MP: 18
Exorcism - Instantly kills an undead enemy.  Range: 1, Single Enemy, MP: 8
Apotheosis - Adds any number of beneficial status with a chance of silence/darkness to all allies on the board.  Adds Defend / Protect / Shell / Wall / Regen / Faith / Haste / Reraise / Float / Silence / Darkness,  CT: 10, MP: 30

The Protection skillset will take the place of the Knight's and largely contains CT-less defensive abilities that aid and protect allies on the fly in a variety of ways while disabling the enemy.
Most of the abilities and spells cost little MP for a class that will have a moderate amount to spend on.  Some abilities will have negative effects
on allies and beneficial effects on enemies due to my concept of the usage of divine magic to inspire yet strike fear in the faithful.

The Divine Guardian prefers to prevent damage before it is done by either pacifying and disarming the enemy or directly protecting allies from damage.
It only has access to Swords and Knight Swords for weapons and heavy armor, shields, and accessories.  It is not a heavy hitter by no means and has only its basic attack for damage.
With a moderate amount of MP to spend on abilities, the Divine Guardian prefers to be in the front lines around other units that can reap the benefits of its Range: 1 and Effect: 3 spells.
It has limited offensive spells, the only damage dealing spell instant-kills undead and Berserk/Haste, Don't Act/Wall on enemies when the situation calls for it.

Over-all this is my favorite job-class I've made thus far out of the 4 or 5 I've gone through.  Seeing all my guys getting put into defend while casting each spell on them just looks right.   8)

DeadManWalking

...I'd be very, very careful about using Wall.

Saran_Cadrey

Quote from: "DeadManWalking"...I'd be very, very careful about using Wall.

I was careful to use Wall for AI purposes only since it's only used in 3 spells.  I like the 'no-targeting' aspect of the non-hacked Wall so that's why I tried to incorporate it in this build.

For Pacifist, basically disallows targeting the enemy since they have been 'pacified' while they cannot also act, effectively removing them from battle while they can still move around.

Blessing of Defense...hmmm.....maybe I should have chosen this to be used on other allies rather than on the caster.
It uses Wall / Don't Move / Don't Act, basically your character is stuck in place without being able to act and without being a valid target for any unit which means no healing either.
I think it would be best on an ally other than the caster as a last ditch effort to save them by removing them from battle altogether for a short while.

Apotheosis has Wall added just for the heck of it.
It alone would have a low chance to affect units due to the spell adding randomly beneficial status so its not really a controllable way of adding Wall on units.   :mrgreen:

Here's another job I've been trying to play around with.

Job:  Timekeeper

Skillset:  Space-Time

Slow - Adds Slow to an enemy.  Hit_F(MA+200)%
Haste - Adds Haste to an ally. Hit_F(MA+175)%
Warp Space - Adds Don't Move to an enemy.  Hit_F(MA+150)%
Warp Time - Adds Don't Act to an enemy.  Hit_F(MA+125)%
Stop - Adds Stop to an enemy.  Hit_F(MA+100)%
Graviga - Damages 25% HP  Hit_F(MA+175)%
Forward Clock - Chance for all ally's CT: 100
Reverse Clock - Chance for all enemy's CT: 0
Death Clock - Adds Death Sentence to an enemy.  Hit_F(MA+125)%
Hastega - Adds Haste to nearby allies.
Slowga - Adds Slow to nearby allies.
Stopga - Adds Stop to nearby enemies.
Gravija - Damages 33% HP  Hit_F(MA+150)%
Freeze Time - 100% chance to add Stop on all units but the caster.
Time Compression - Damages all units on the battlefield while also randomly adds Darkness / Confusion / Silence / Float / Berserk / Frog / Regen / Protect / Shell / Haste / Slow / Stop / Wall / Faith / Innocent / Charm / Sleep / Don't Move / Don't Act / Reflect / Death Sentence on all units.

The HiemLICH

Okay, so you guys know I was going to adjust some weapons so I could use certain abilities I wanted. Instead of doing this, I made my three special jobs like the SOLDIER. They can only perform their abilities with their special weapons equipped. So far, I've only completed Beserker. I removed the Main Gauche and Magemasher from all shops and renamed them: Slasher and Gasher. Like the Materia Blade, you have to find them.

Untame: Hits 4 times at half strength.
    Killrush: Attack + Doom.
    Volcanic Fury: Requires charging, but increases Str by 3. CT 20.
    Global Quarter. Hits like a Summon spell, but is based on PA, can't hit floating. Can cause Immobilize, CT 28, costs 80 MP.
    War Sanity. Causes Beserk and Haste, CT 28.
    Ares' End. Instantly kills one opponent, also kills user.
    Beserker has innate Dual Wield, but can only equip Daggers. Bandannas, Clothing.

SilvasRuin

The game can only check for Materia Blade or Sword requirements.  There's no way to check for other unique weapon requirements without quite a bit of hacking involved beyond what the patcher is capable of.  I suppose you could make all but one sword different kinds of weapons (with a bit of trickery, you could probably make them function exactly like they already were despite the change) and then have two such special requirement weapons, but I don't see adding such checks as being very feasible.

formerdeathcorps

Quote from: "SilvasRuin"The game can only check for Materia Blade or Sword requirements.  There's no way to check for other unique weapon requirements without quite a bit of hacking involved beyond what the patcher is capable of.  I suppose you could make all but one sword different kinds of weapons (with a bit of trickery, you could probably make them function exactly like they already were despite the change) and then have two such special requirement weapons, but I don't see adding such checks as being very feasible.

Zodiac just made a hack to do just that.  Abilities Replacement Hack can be found here: http://zodiac.ffhacktics.com
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

DeadManWalking

I thought that didn't work?  As in, the AI ignored the requirements.

formerdeathcorps

Quote from: "DeadManWalking"I thought that didn't work?  As in, the AI ignored the requirements.

That's fine.  Just classify the special trigger weapons as its own category of weapon (like cloths or a ASM revamped flail/axe/bag) and make no enemy except the specified job able to use that type of weapon.

DeadManWalking

Er... that's not what I'm talking about.  If you break/steal the weapon required on the enemy (Or presumably, just set your own character to Auto) They'll be able to use the skills even without the weapon.

The HiemLICH

The chances of your characters special equipment being stolen or broken are very slim. Not only that, but I think it adds a very unique challenge to the game if it does happen. As for what else you're all talking about, as in, SOLDIER and Materia Blade being the only weapon dependent job and skillset, I'm sure APR and the Patcher can alter these parameters.

formerdeathcorps

Quote from: "DeadManWalking"Er... that's not what I'm talking about.  If you break/steal the weapon required on the enemy (Or presumably, just set your own character to Auto) They'll be able to use the skills even without the weapon.

Yes, that's true.  This is still easy to fix though.
1) Give auto-maintenance to enemy SOLDIERS.
2) Delete the ability to set units to auto by deleting that option from the menu (relatively easy, shouldn't require more than hex).