• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:11:24 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

i want lettie and celia in my party help

Started by reapor, November 25, 2013, 01:00:01 pm

reapor

Hi. Can anyone help me have celia and lettie become my party members? Coz theyre so cool. I tried making copies of them using lioneditor making a party member an assassin but in formation they the appearances are messed up. They look like ramza from chapter 1. I tried fft patcher too. The same. The last i tried didnt work. I checked join in party option for both in fftpatcher after the scene in rooftop. I thought maybe they are still in the storyline thats why it didnt work. So my new idea is to let them join my party after defeating elmdore in their last appearance in limberry. They are not in the storyline anymore so maybe its possible.? Enlighten me here please masters. Thanks in advance...

Durbs

So yeah, seeing them as Ramza is a normal thing. The game doesn't call up the formation sprites of the two because they simply don't exist (the designers had no reason to make them since you can't naturally get them), but they'll work fine in battle once the game loads the map up.

In order to see them in the formation screen, you'll need to make images from their battle sprites and insert them into the game. If you just want them for battles, the fact that they have no formation sprites is irrelevant, and they'll work for you just fine. If you want to do the former, I'll link a few sources to you.

Also, for future reference, stuff like this is better placed in the Help section.
  • Modding version: PSX

reapor

Thank you for your response. And yeah Im new so sorry for posting in the wrong section. Please do give me the links. Will it work for WOTL? I tried changing sprites in WOTL and instead of using CDMage I used UMDgen to import the edited fftpack.bin but the games crashes. Again thanks for quick response. Cheers.

Durbs

Ok, here's your fresh hot links.

This first one should give you an idea of what you're aiming for. Take Celia and Lede's sprites from Shishi's in an image editing program (I always used Paint or GraphicsGale) and make versions of what you see on the page. Basically, make their sprites and their portraits the respective sizes you see in the thread.
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9762.0

Grab FFTEVGRP from here. How to do the rest should be pretty self-explanatory, but if something confuses you don't be afraid to ask.
http://ffhacktics.com/downloads.php

You'll have to independently decide what to replace, but so long as it isn't over a monster class you'll be fine for the most part.

reapor

November 27, 2013, 05:37:34 am #4 Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 07:03:16 am by spankmyarse
I just want to clarify, this is WOTL you're talking right? Because as I have experienced using Shishi Editor, you can open PSP WOTL.iso in it, and I have the sprites and bmp needed. . But for UNIT.bin and WLDFACE.bin I have to get the fftactics.bin from the ISO file using UMDgen. Then extract the fftactics.bin via FFTPatcher to get the sprites. CDMage does not work on PSP ISO's. The problem occur when I tried to rebuild the customize fftactics.bin and send it back again to ISO file using UMDgen because after that every time i run the game it will crash.

Durbs

Well, try this; instead of a making an .iso file, try a .bin and it's accompanying .cue. The .cue is irrelevant, but the .bin should be much easier to work with.

Angel

PSP doesn't work that way. The images are ripped from the PSP directly, and are always in ISO format, with the option of compressing to CSO. There's no such thing as a PSP bin/cue.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

reapor

So this means that theres now way I can edit sprites for PSP for now?

Angel

I'm not an authority on WotL, and have given useless information on this very subject in the past, but from what I've gathered from conversations elsewhere, it's possible; it's just not widespread knowledge. The biggest problem is that, generally speaking, anyone with the knowledge and experience and capability to hack WotL just doesn't want to, seeing PSX FFT as better (not to mention easier to work with). And when people do stumble onto a solution, it vanishes into the void (sometimes along with the person in question).

A possibly useless question to ask, but... what region is your ISO? Any idea on version number? There are several English versions of WotL, both North American and European, and it's possible that a version mismatch is the reason behind the crash. I'm only speculating, and this detail may be completely irrelevant, but it's all I have.

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame

reapor

November 28, 2013, 11:29:11 am #9 Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 11:33:07 am by Xifanie
Final.Fantasy.Tactics.The.War.Of.The.Lions.PAL.PSP-RANT this is the filename of my ISO file. And the link where I download it is here:
[link removed, please read the rules; we do not allow promotion of downloading illegal copies]

It says there its Europe. I really appreciate u trying to help me out in this

Angel

I'd suggest trying one of the NTSC-U versions (there are 2 or 3, iirc, and almost never labeled as v1, v2, etc), just for grins. I'm not sure if the save can be converted to work with a US version, however, so there -is- that downside. But if that's the chief problem, then we're in the right direction!

reapor

I just finished downloading the NTSC
these files are what i extracted
Final Fantasy Tactics [NTSC-U] [SCUS-94221].bin.ecm
Final Fantasy Tactics [NTSC-U] [SCUS-94221].cue

I dont know where to start from this. I cant open either of the files with udmgen of cdmage or shishi sprite editor. whats next mate?

Angel

November 30, 2013, 09:27:09 am #12 Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 09:33:31 am by Toshiko
Wow. I... what? bin and cue for PSP? After I just got done telling someone else PSP games aren't dumped that way? What the bloody hell?

Anyway, your problem is that the .bin file is compressed in .ecm - you need the ecm utilities to extract the .bin file, which you can then open in umdgen.

Quick edit: I cannot find these tools on any site that doesn't have all manner of ROMs and such on it. Just search google for 'ecm unecm' and you'll get all the relevant results.

reapor

Aight, will do that and update you thank you ^_^ cheers

Angel

No problem! Hopefully that will be the key.

reapor

Hi. Sorry for not updating sooner. Been busy. Anyway I managed to change sprites and make it run. However only for agrias. I dont know how to create new sprite for assassin job since assassin is not available in the jobs. Can you teach me bro how to make a new custom job using fftpatcher so i can create new sprite for it and not overwrite existing ones?

Durbs

Quote from: spankmyarse on December 03, 2013, 09:12:21 am
Hi. Sorry for not updating sooner. Been busy. Anyway I managed to change sprites and make it run. However only for agrias. I dont know how to create new sprite for assassin job since assassin is not available in the jobs. Can you teach me bro how to make a new custom job using fftpatcher so i can create new sprite for it and not overwrite existing ones?

Glad it's all working out for you. :)

But no, unfortunately not. My understanding is that you'll have to overwrite something.

3lric

December 03, 2013, 10:06:55 am #17 Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 04:46:11 pm by Elric
Quote from: Toshiko on November 30, 2013, 09:27:09 am
Wow. I... what? bin and cue for PSP? After I just got done telling someone else PSP games aren't dumped that way? What the bloody hell?

Anyway, your problem is that the .bin file is compressed in .ecm - you need the ecm utilities to extract the .bin file, which you can then open in umdgen.

Quick edit: I cannot find these tools on any site that doesn't have all manner of ROMs and such on it. Just search google for 'ecm unecm' and you'll get all the relevant results.

Don't feel bad, that's not for PSP, that's the PSX ISO that I gave Xif the MD5 for just the other day, he's getting it from a well known rom site (won't name it here)
that same site also hosts ECM Tools.

You can also get the tools from Neill Corlett's Home Page here:
http://www.neillcorlett.com/ecm/