• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 26, 2024, 02:01:15 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Jon's Sprites

Started by Jon, December 09, 2009, 05:15:18 am

Jon

This looks pretty good the way you recolored the missing parts, Ryudo. Good job! However, you forgot the charging pose, to get rid of the ponytail. I fixed it, now its 100% complete. So credit goes mainly to the Japanese dude who created it and then you because you fixed it. I shouldn't get credit, all I did was attach the portrait on correctly :mrgreen: Oh yes, please post only PNG files, the BMP ones sometimes get messed up on here for some weird reason. Actually though, your bmp post looks okay to me, maybe we can post bmps now? That would be so cool...
Too bad FFT sprites are so small, woulda been funny to see Cid with a cigarette in his mouth on all the poses, but that would look sloppy if I did that...maybe to further improve this sheet, get rid of the singing animations and have him lighting dynamite or talking on a cell phone to the Highwind...
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Jon

I made Final Fantasy 4's Edge a portrait:

Edit: For some reason the eyes are like the background color on the 2x sized one, even though on Photobucket they are white, strange...

Mando

Thanks for catching the mistake I got sooooo tired. Very little sleep for me because I gotta go to work now after getting out of work late last night ;/

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

Lijj

• Modding version: PSX

Twinees

September 24, 2010, 07:33:58 am #584 Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 07:59:44 am by twinees
This seems pretty dark Jon, also the palette isnt very good, it took me a while to figure out where the face was (you need to define this area).
 I dont know what to say, it doesnt look like 16 colours, and if it is... the palette needs to be redone.
  • Modding version: PSX

Jon

Its 16 colors, and I can change it just gimme a little time. For now check this out for my Zelda patch:

Jon

Edit: Screw that, I am going down another path with Edge. I'll post the new portrait soon.

Mando

is that a storm trooper i see?

Hmm I may tinker with cid a bit more maybe make him appear older w/ beard orlandu-isk

Jon

New avatar I made for myself, the Stormtrooper from Star Wars. No crits are necessary, its so awesome as is! I should do a whole bunch of Star Wars ports for people to use.

Edit: @Ryudo: Of course, you don't have to ask, its not mine after all. It belongs originally to some Japanese guy, but now its more or less yours to work on.

Mando

I might leave him as is though because it think Cid had too many layers in in FF7 and too little in FF advent children.

I think It would be cool to replace orlandu with cid.

His move sets though idk.... Only thing I could think of was asking if someone could edit the animation for All-Ultima so it was a red beam. Then it would be like the Highwind shot the beam :D

Jon

Here are the Rebel and a Stormtrooper portraits I made today. The Stormtrooper is really good, but the Rebel Soldier definitely needs crits. Its not half bad imo, though. It took about an hour alone to get the stupid helmet right on the Rebel, lemme know what I should fix:

mav

I hate to be a dick, but the storm trooper isn't really good. I mean, yes, we can yell that it's a storm trooper, and that's dandy, but it just looks a really choppy version of something you got off the internet. Go in there and clean it up by hand, referencing armor styles seen in various FFT portraits. It's not enough for a portrait to work in-game, you need to mimic the style seen in other portraits so it looks right in-game.

The shading on the Rebel Soldier's helmet is wacky, the clothes needs more shades too.

Mando

September 25, 2010, 02:29:45 am #592 Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 07:12:41 am by Mando
jon what do you think of the small changes made to the helm so far?

I will prolly go in and start changing up his armor slowly but surely.

EDIT: 3rd sprite helm how does it look now?

actually after spending hours trying to find out how to make it more defined when changing horn angles with the colors chosen I think I will have no choice but to use the white horns.

HOWEVER I will change slightly how they look and the curve when they go back. This is in order to to keep inline with the original maker's vision and portrait.

Jon

@Mav: Thanks for the crit. I need crits all the time, no matter what. You are right, the Stormtrooper was made from an image, shrunken down and then I got rid of a few black pixels near the top of his helmet. I like making screen shots of the old Star Wars movies, especially Episode 5. The Rebel Soldier is really hard, considering only 16 colors were used. I didn't enjoy making him. I don't plan on working on them anymore, I wanna start some other things. But you really don't like at all how the Stormtrooper looks? Sure, he doesn't fit at all in FFT, but I thought it was half decent...one thing I didn't like was that his blacks are too dark. Oh well, was just for fun.

@Ryudo: Whoa! You spent hours on this- Don't overdo it! I would use the white horns as well, but if you really want to go in there and change them all then you might want to google some images of Dark Knight Cecil from FF4. You might want to start of slower, like changing with any art program the colors of his pants to a bit redder. Here they look brown and faded. Actually, they look alright, just not Cecil like, but thats your call. Also, look at other game sprites (from totally different series besides Final Fantasy) for warriors wearing helmets with horns. Like an example I can think of is in the Game Boy Advance game Tactics Ogre Knight of Lodis, there is an enemy job called the Bandit, I believe, who is wearing the perfect helmet you could imitate. If you got a GBA emulator, you could play the first battle in that game, the first boss is a Bandit.

Edit: Here is a typical Bandit enemy:
[attachment=1:3m5bhpmg]bandit 1.PNG[/attachment:3m5bhpmg][attachment=2:3m5bhpmg]bandit 2.PNG[/attachment:3m5bhpmg]
Edit 2: I sorta made a Kletian wearing the dark funeral clothes of the Funeral Man by accident, doesn't look that bad, anyone can use it for whatever, if no one does I might use it for my avatar, on second thought I like the Ninja better haha:
[attachment=0:3m5bhpmg]kletian black clothes.png[/attachment:3m5bhpmg]

Mando

I think the only way for me to actually make one with dark horns would have required a different color scheme.

This game kind of limits how you can make them because of the angle :/

Kagebunji

I once worked on Cecil, cause I thought he is too similiar to Ramza, here are some tips for the body, feel free to use them as you want. I also reworked back frame, since the current one sucks(the helmet), I don't have it on this computer, so expect to see it some later time.

download/file.php?id=5789
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Mando

I made it full working condition, but im not going to hijack Jon's area so I am going to move these pallets to a new post. Feel free to go grab and edit them as you want or post them for download submission.

Jon

Yeah! Get outta my thread! (joking) :D I still think the horns need to be a tad more like the Bandit post up there...the back side frame is gonna be tough, I know...

Jon

Ryudo asked me to do a portrait of a FF girl called Lightning. Honestly, I have no idea who she is and it doesn't really matter anyways. But once I googled her and saw that she was a cute looking character, like a pink haired version of Tifa, I couldn't resist attempting a try at a portrait. Its not done, and the hair in the back is wrong, and the colors might be too unFFT, so gimme some crits please:

GeneralStrife

Lips look blue, top of hair has an oddly large single shaded hole, I don't know who this is either though.