• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

First portrait attempt - please help

Started by Mimi, August 30, 2010, 07:52:22 am

Jon

No, no Ninja is being developed, I just wanted to look like one :shock:
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Mimi

I have recolored it but I'm having a hard time getting it to look right. I am especially having trouble with the hair. Her hair is hard to recolor. Plus she has that ponytail in the back. So far it just looks like alma wearing blue clothes. :-( I'm thinking of using someone like Teta as a base instead because her hair is already brown. I would appreciate any help.

Jon

There is a 100% finished Teta, use that one if you wanna use a Teta as a base. Also, it would be quite difficult to change Alma's hair color because I think that it also is the skin color, meaning either a dark skinned Alma (if hair is changed to brown) or going over the 16 color limit. Neither Alma nor Teta are wearing a robe though. I like the blues you are using, they look perfect. Just use these on Teta and you will be well on your way. Keep submitting, I think you're on the right path here.

Mimi

I used Zozma's 100% Teta sprite as a base. This is what it looks like so far. I'm trying to figure out how to make it look like she's wearing a jacket and skirt instead of a dress.

.[attachment=1:1m1porgs]mimitetabase.BMP[/attachment:1m1porgs]

I also found a wonderful sprite Zozma made but didn't finish. It would be perfect if it were finished and recolored blue.

[attachment=0:1m1porgs]shopdaughter.png[/attachment:1m1porgs]

Jon

My advice is to find a sprite with hair that you want, doesn't matter what color. It has to be the shape and length you want. Like Teta's hair is fine color wise, but it might be a bit too long compared to your portrait. Try looking through Shishi and on the downloads here and find the "right" hair. Then you might need to do a head swap, which isn't hard, just time consuming, on a body you like. I think saving to do the coloring for last is probably the best if you do this. But first find a head with the right hair. Zozma made tons of sprites with custom hair, my best bet is to find one of them.

Lijj

Alma is colored crazily. She's yellow and her hair and skin share a lot of colors.
  • Modding version: PSX

Mimi

You're definately right Lijj. When I tried to recolor her hair, her arms turned brown. I think it's kind of weird that
her face and arms are so differently colored. As for the shape of the hair, what about the Miang sprite Zozma made?
I recolored her hair brown and it is about the same length.

[attachment=0:2li3zq2q]miangmimibase1.BMP[/attachment:2li3zq2q]

What do you think?

Lijj

Oh wow I like that sprite of Zozma's I didn't see that last time..
I think the colors are good but the hair style doesn't quite look right. Do you want me to draw a few heads for you? If your hair is like the avi; You have bangs and shortish hair?

Mimi

I would really appreciate it Lijj. Female sprites with short hair are kind of hard to find and you draw sprites so well. I really like the unmasked mime and female warlock you made.

Lijj

Here is one idea for the sprite itself

This could be done; it's a combination of Female Geomancer and the Terra sprite I 1st made.
I actually have another idea for the hair.. but I'll have to try that another time, most likely tomorrow dear. I have a good idea for your hair style. This is a good body for you though maybe..IDK. Must sleep for now.

Jon

Needs a bit of shading on the back and side view back frames, other than that looks real snazzy! Those are female Thief legs am I right? Also, I think the eyes are blue...not brown...just a tiny detail though...

Mimi

Wow Lijj, that looks really good. It's just like I imagined her wearing a blue jacket and a white shirt underneath and a blue skirt. Thank you!

mav

Hair and clothes need a lot more shading. Right now it looks super flat.

Mari

As he said, it's just an idea.
Not like he's showing a finished or even near finished sprite, people!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
As the puppeteer pulls His strings,
The fragile doll spreads Her wings.
To dance a ballet as He directs
That is the Curse of the Marionette.

Controlled by a hand far, far above,
Forbidden to care, forbidden to love.
Forever shall She mime what She cannot know,
Until the day She loses her illusory glow.

Propped up on a stilt where wine once stood,
The Marionette is, once more, only wood.
Her glossy eyes have lost their shine,
Her silken hair, turned to twine.

What a fate awaits the poor little doll,
Who dances and runs but cannot stand at all.
And the puppeteer is applauded at the end of every show,
But the audience's joyous response the doll can never know.

I am but a doll on an endless stage,
Dancing for others whilst I slowly age.
My puppeteer sits far above,
Hiding His face behind a white glove.

And when I have aged to nothing but wood,
I will be tucked away in a closet where a doll once stood.
Then, as I gather dust and the world passes by,
I will be forgotten by the vast, blue sky.

Lijj

True Mari.. It's a concept. Thanks
Does look flat though.. I'll try to get some diferent hair frames done tonight.

Lijj

Zozma

hah that last head looks like a brownhaired asellus hairdo
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Lijj

It is.. Only I got rid of the stripeyness in the back views.. The little icon is a slight edit from her original sprite in Saga Frontier. I love her chapter in that game.. great story and Mesarthim was a great sprite.

Zozma

Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

GeneralStrife

Zozma : Hair fetish.
Now we know why you are so good at hair in sprites.