• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:05:48 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Let's ASM Hack with Xifanie!

Started by Xifanie, April 18, 2020, 06:50:51 pm

Xifanie

April 18, 2020, 06:50:51 pm Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 02:17:59 pm by Xifanie
In this topic I'm going to share videos I've recorded or streamed about ASM Hacking. The first video was the process of creating a simple formula hack, but I put it in a spoiler tag for now since I figured it was very important for me to go through the basics of ASM first for people to truly appreciate the more complex information I'm putting out there.

Formula hacks are pretty much the easiest thing to create when it comes to ASM, and a great introduction without including the debugger/breakpoints. So, after the basics, this is what this thread will focus on for a while.

Join us on Discord #asm-hacking to know when to expect a live stream to see your questions answered live, or answered in the next video!

Please give me any feedback on how to improve my videos! This isn't just for FFH--I want to make quality videos for my business too.

Kick Formula
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Xifanie

Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Xifanie

Orkney

June 04, 2020, 04:31:25 am #3 Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 03:55:01 pm by Orkney
Thanks A LOT !

I'm a total ASM newbie, but just your first video and your worksheet already open a lot of opportunities for me.
I guess i'll try the ASM tutorial again (it scares me years ago...) and watch the others videos of course.

Edit :
Done. I've read the tutos and watch the vidéos. I've a better understanding of ASM hacking. But i'm lacking a global view of routines (i'm trying to do a "map" of formulas routine, but it's a mess right now).
The kanji space concept is still a mystery. Looks like it's a free space where the code can be written.
Right now i feel i could write some basic stuff, but the hard part will be to know where to write it.

I'll definitively follow this post, and the watch the next videos.