• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 07:49:56 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

error FFTEVGRP

Started by migaman, August 06, 2010, 11:05:17 am

migaman

not a 16 color bitmap and bitmap wrong resolution HELP ME

Zozma

use gimp to save the image's color palette to INDEXED 16 colors
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

MagiusRerecros

Also, you may have to use GraphicsGale to set the image to 4bpp.
Move Zig. For great Justice.

Also, Algus sucks up to level 5 donkey balls.

Kenshin72

Quote from: "MagiusRerecros"Also, you may have to use GraphicsGale to set the image to 4bpp.

How? FFTEVGRP is saying its an invalid RIFF palette when I try to import it for UNIT.BIN.

LastingDawn

Hey Kenshin welcome back! Hmm, this is a trouble spot. I recall having trouble with this as well... I forget what I did, if anything to fix it. I suggest to set it at 4 bpp and index it at 16 Colors (wow, way to copy what exactly the others above me said, hehe.)
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Kenshin72

How do you set it and index it at 16 colors? I exported the BMP from shishi and opened in graphics gale and save the palette. I can't find any palette options in GG.

LastingDawn

I don't think it's strictly a "palette" option. If memory serves right click "new" and that should bring up all of that which we mentioned... I think. Its been a long time.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

MagiusRerecros

For indexing the amount of colors, you have to make sure that you don't have any part of your image selected, then you go to "All Frames"->"Color Depth", and then you set it to the depth that you need. For sprite bmps, this is 8bpp. For FFTEVGRP bmps (both unit.bin and wrldface.bin), this is 4bpp.
Move Zig. For great Justice.

Also, Algus sucks up to level 5 donkey balls.

Kenshin72

Hey it worked! I don't remember having this much trouble before but thanks! I couldn't find the color depth option. Now I all got left to figure out is the event decompiler/compiler.