• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

New logo?

Started by Xifanie, July 26, 2010, 10:15:55 am

Xifanie

I think FFH needs an original logo of its own. I'm not saying the current one is bad, it's just lacks the "original artwork" part.

That said I can mess with photoshop easily, but I'm stuck anything related to drawing as I'm still not good enough at it. I know we have the talent here, that can truly represent what FFHacktics is.
The last thing I want to do is hire some unknown professional bastard that wouldn't be friendly, like what happened to tebian:
he paid twice ($220 total) and only got 2 determined size png exports
Worst of all is that it wasn't even original artwork, the guy actually took existing background to work on.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Who's tebian?  And what exactly are you looking for, in terms of original artwork?

Xifanie

tebian is the owner of Final Fantasy Radio
Original Artwork means it is created from scratch.

The current logo uses a PSP movie frame, the FFT title, and only the red "Hack" and 0/1 are actually original art.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

winshmo2

lol $220 for the logo FF Radio's using?! Highway robbery!

Dominic NY18

Dominic from 2006 might have taken a stab at it with his burgeoning amateur graphic design skills. 2010 Dominic is woefully out of practice (and doesn't have Photoshop or Illustrator on hand to work with).

Seriously though, weren't there some posters who had done original FFT artwork (I think one of the Mercenaries threads features some of their work)? Anyone who's halfway decent at graphic design should be able to come up with a good logo using some of the original artwork.

*considers pirating Abode CS4/CS4 in the mean time

Xifanie

When I say original artwork, it means FFH original artwork, from whoever is going to create it.

Dominic NY18

Hmmm. In that case, maybe I should give it a try. I want to get back into design anyway, so if nothing else, it'll be good practice. If I do try something, it'd just be a drawing.

Xifanie

Winshmo, I typed "Final Fantasy Hacktics" in Ivalician, Tell me what you think about it.

winshmo2

logo is underway... here's the sketchy

[attachment=0:3pp65fge]ffh.png[/attachment:3pp65fge]

could use some suggestions and crits.

Dominic NY18

One thing standing out to me is how flowing the bottom of Delita's tunic/brigandine/whatever the hell he wears with his armor. It doesn't look bad, but I thought he was wearing a skirt or dress at first.

This looks damn good though and looks like it's on the right track.

mav

First off, this is freaking gorgeous. Secondly, what's on the side of Ramza's face? I love this though--it goes great with the board. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Zozma

side of his face? you mean his mouth? lol
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!