• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 05:49:02 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Dark Sword 20, 27

Started by Huki'ino Kuahewa, October 15, 2009, 12:30:22 pm

Huki'ino Kuahewa

October 15, 2009, 12:30:22 pm Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 12:44:27 pm by Huki'ino Kuahewa
Hey FFH, I was directed to this site a few days ago from some thread on SA about the FFT mod community.  One of my roommates recently started playing the PSP FFT, and that made me want to play the PSX version again because really, "Magick"?  Seriously?  Considering the etymology of spelling it that way nothing to do with older forms of English and was coined by an albeit famous insane dude in the early 20th century.  But I digress.

I've always wanted to let Ramza learn Gafgarion's Dark Sword magic.  Thanks to FFTPatcher being so awesomely intuitive, I've pretty much got all that worked out, even down to the part where Ramza can only learn it the way you learn Ultima or Zodiac, and where it's separate from Orlandu's Dark/Night Sword spells.  But the problem is that unless I want to play for a ridiculously long amount of time to test it, there's no direct way for me to tell if Gaf will really be able to use the Dark Sword skills when I run into him.

I noticed that there are two instances of the Dark Knight class and two Dark Sword skill sets, one 20 and one 27.  Guest Gafgarion uses 20, I think?  Does this mean that Enemy Gafgarion uses 27, am I forgetting another character who uses Dark Sword, or is 27 just a dummy set?  It'd be really convenient if they use two different slots since that way I could keep Guest Gaf using his skillset and eventually fight him using the learnable ones, but if there's no other way around it, I'm more than fine never having Gafgarion use his Dark Sword skills until he learns them automatically when he's an Enemy unit, or alternatively just giving in and making them JP-learnable skills for Ramza.

v Great, thanks.

Kokojo

October 15, 2009, 12:36:27 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kokojo
Using the FFTpacther. you can set the skillset he uses in the ENTD, and alos what one he uses. Just check around for it.
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Wasabi

October 21, 2009, 04:33:20 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Wasabi
20 is Guest, 27 is enemy. Check the ENTD under the corresponding battles that you fight Gaffy in - Zirekile Falls and Lionel Gate.

Kupoe

October 21, 2009, 04:41:06 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kupoe
yeah, it is also plausible to free up an entire job slot by replacing Gaffy in every instance where you see him with the enemy version, then editing the guest version.

i currently have a Dark Knight on my team, and i made Gaffy's job different, and known as a Fell Knight with more DPS and inherent status immunities.

Jon

October 29, 2009, 09:52:41 am #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Jon
Kupoe is right, however there are less guest Gafgarion scenes and more enemy Gafs, so actually you should just change the guest Gaf to 27 Dark Sword and Job. Good idea btw Kupoe!
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!