• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 02:49:53 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Smash's FFT Portrait Tutorial Thread (Shading woes die now)

Started by Smash, June 27, 2010, 03:41:40 am

Kagebunji

Well I just ude loads of references, take existing colors and go at it, so my technique is really simple.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

jimmyjw88

Kage ~ Well, that's what everyone needs: Simple steps to make great portraits. And use lots of references.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Lijj

I tried documenting my process yesterday.. but it just turned into a mess at the very end when I completely disregaurded my original sketches etc and completely reworked everything I'd originally started. I'll try to document the steps again next time.
  • Modding version: PSX

jimmyjw88

Lijj ~ Looking forward to those steps as I still need step by step tutorial to help me =)
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Celdia

Quote from: Lijj on May 18, 2013, 06:56:13 pm
I tried documenting my process yesterday.. but it just turned into a mess at the very end when I completely disregaurded my original sketches etc and completely reworked everything I'd originally started. I'll try to document the steps again next time.

Record yourself working on something an talk to the camera while you do it.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

MasterGrand

Quote from: jimmyjw88 on May 18, 2013, 09:56:00 pm
Lijj ~ Looking forward to those steps as I still need step by step tutorial to help me =)

I hope so,That is will help everyone to make own portraits.
Let's be together !!

Mobius

I've been making a true crap load of portraits lately and will keep making, it seems.

I'll try to save an instance every big step or something and post it all here. I leave plenty of process pixels everytime I make portraits, so I should dump those here as well.
Now everyone sit down, relax and have a good damned cup of tea.
Then go out into the forest and see the stars.

Then come back and realize it's pointless to be so worked up over what's meant to be our hobby.
That should be my motto here, holy s

Cheetah

Quote from: Mobius on May 24, 2013, 02:25:55 pm
I've been making a true crap load of portraits lately and will keep making, it seems.

I'll try to save an instance every big step or something and post it all here. I leave plenty of process pixels everytime I make portraits, so I should dump those here as well.

Yes!
Current Projects: