• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:05:53 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Holy Knight Job, and other questions.

Started by Bladegrasp1997, March 22, 2023, 05:07:40 pm

Bladegrasp1997

I had a few questions to ask regarding FFT TWOTL for psp. I would like to make a few changes to the Vanilla version.
1. Would it be possible to make the Holy Knight Job unlockable the same way the Dark Knight job is only instead of mastering the black mage class switch it with the white mage? If so, can both jobs be made available to the player?

2. Can Elmdor's unseen maintenance be removed so his equipment can be stolen?

3. I saw a while back that Wiegraf and Gafgarion were made available after defeating them using eventing. Can this be done in the psp version?

4. Is it possible to give certain Knight swords and Katana like the Masamune and Ragnarok a range of 2?

5.Can Clouds Soldier skills be made to take effect instantly like the Holy Sword skills?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

PrometheusBR

1) I think it's possible but it would involve hardcoding, that would be above the level of regukar users such as you and me. The easiest solution would be using FFTPacher and making a useless job into Holy Knight, assigning the job skills properly.

2) Yes, probably he has innate maintenance, you can remove this easily using FFT Patcher in the jobs tab.

3) Yes, this can be made, again, through the FFT Patcher. No eventing needed.

4) Yes you can, just not sure if the animation would appear right, have to test it.

5) Yes, you can easily remove charge times of skills in FFTPatcher in the abilities tab.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: ZeroX

Bladegrasp1997

Awesome, thanks. Is eventing even needed for anything other than cut scene sequences?

Bladegrasp1997

Is there a tutorial on how to add new items to the existing library without replacing or editing any of the vanilla inventory? I would like to add some new weapons and armor in addition to the ones added in War of the Lions.

PrometheusBR

You cant create new items, you have a limited number of item slots to work.

What you can do, is fo whatever you want with each slot. You can make a Bow an Harp, change the sprite, reach,  damage formula for weapons, give damage reduction to armor, etc.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: ZeroX

Bladegrasp1997

Thanks, I already created the items I want to add. I was asking because I saw all the new equipment from war of the lions in the psx version and thought there was a way to increase the number of item slots. I've noticed in FFTPatcher that when starting a new psp patch there are 20 blank item slots. Can these be used to add the items I have in mind or will using these slots cause an issue?