• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

ASM Collective BATTLE.BIN Map

Started by formerdeathcorps, January 06, 2011, 05:09:33 am

Glain

The latest Data Locations (that I know of) from SA has it listed as:
8018f5f0 - Reaction Check? (word)

But I don't think I've ever seen it in any of the stuff I looked at...
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Choto

Thanks for the heads up Glain, for some reason I never saw that byte in my data locations.txt.

I did some deciphering in the past couple days and compiled this file. It started just looking up something on auto potion and snowballed into other things. There's some good stuff on Reactions, some good stuff on data transfer during an action. There's some formula hardcoding for multi-hit formulas. There's some two swords hardcoding. there's some routines that are based on action menu types and skillset loading. Seems like we could reap some benefits from them if they're sorted out a bit. I lost a little steam at this point and i have to finish something up for JoT5... so I'm gonna post what I've gotten so far in case anybody else gets active or interested.

Oh there's also a big grid that controls the panel highlighting for movement and targeting... I think i saw some reflect reaction undoing too. and some mime functions.

Choto

Double post \o/

So it appears that everything I decoded... SA already decoded. Kinda the point of the wiki to avoid stuff like that but he did a much better job than I could have anyway. If you visit the wiki you'll notice the new routines with a red link. I'll upload the routines soon. There is quite a big chunk of info though, so i'm sure we can get some hacks or bug fixes out of it. I'm also gonna post the notes he sent me so anybody else can play with them if they want.

Glain

I ran into the same exact situation with evasion.  I had commented a bunch of those routines and then realized SA had already done it.  I think that was before I even had any of his elusive text files.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Choto

a little while ago i posted coprocessor commands in the code. I found this very detailed explanation of how the PSX works and what the coprocessor commands are actually doing. It's a very technical article but well worth taking a look at:

http://www.raphnet.net/electronique/psx_adaptor/Playstation.txt

he explains how graphics are rendered... system calls... sound processing.. all kinds of stuff.

Choto

Here's another seemingly robust resource on how the PSX works. I think alot of info could be discovered from these resources

http://psx.rules.org/psxrul2.shtml