• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:36:31 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

PPF-O-Matic Issue

Started by Durbs, January 12, 2012, 09:03:06 pm

Durbs

I can't get it to work. At all. I downloaded it from the main page, moved it on my PC from downloads -> a different folder. Now, I can click on it, and it looks like it's going to load, but nothing comes up. I tried running as an Admin. Am I missing a file or something?
  • Modding version: PSX

3lric

Durbs whats up man?

You should just be able to run the program and then select the image file in the top box and the patch file in the one below it?

Are you saying that PPF-O-Matic isn't even opening on your PC??

Durbs

Quote from: Elric42 on January 12, 2012, 09:37:52 pm
Durbs whats up man?

You should just be able to run the program and then select the image file in the top box and the patch file in the one below it?

Are you saying that PPF-O-Matic isn't even opening on your PC??

That's exactly what I'm saying.

3lric

O.o well thats a new one :/

Perhaps you have an anti-virus or something similar that is blocking the program??

RavenOfRazgriz

Your virus scanner probably killed one of the core components of PPF-O-Matic as you extracted it as a lot of virus scanners hate the damn thing for no reason.  Turn off your virus protection for a bit, download it, extract it, run it, then turn your virus protection back on. 

That should do it for you.

Durbs

Nope, that didn't work. Now it's saying the download is getting 'interrupted'.

3lric

Durbs try this, I just tried to download PPF-O-Matic from the main page of FFT and its not working for me either, its stopping halfway thru the download which NEVER happens to me

However the version i have included for you here is the one i use (which i downloaded froim the main page long ago and never had a problem with)
not sure whats wrong with the download of it on the main page, but this one should work without issue

Durbs

Thank you much; worked like a charm. I wonder what's up with the one on the main page, though...

TragicHero

January 14, 2012, 06:33:50 pm #8 Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 06:48:03 pm by TragicHero
Ehh I'm having an issue with ppf-o-matic as well.  It's been a while since I've used it so maybe I'm just missing a step.  Anyway, I downloaded the FFT Plus patch, which is a PPF file.  I open ppf-o-matic and it asks me to load an ISO file, so I load an ISO of FFT.  Then it asks me for a patch, so I load the FFT Plus patch.  I patch the ISO.  Then when I go to play the game, I get an error message saying "CD not usable.  Failed to read .cue file."

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Edit: I got it to work on ePSXe but not my pSX emulator...odd :\

3lric

Thats becuase FFT+ will only work on ePSXe IIRC

formerdeathcorps

Does Dome even know why his hack doesn't work on pSX?  It would be good to at least know which hack doesn't work with which emulator.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

3lric

hmm thats a good question, I only say it doesn't becuase that's what i've heard

I just know that on a console i was able to play it for maybe 10 minutes at a time before it would freeze

formerdeathcorps

Quote from: Elric42 on January 14, 2012, 08:55:06 pm
hmm thats a good question, I only say it doesn't becuase that's what i've heard

I just know that on a console i was able to play it for maybe 10 minutes at a time before it would freeze

Was there a pattern in the freezing?  As in, did it always freeze after a given scene or action?
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

3lric

Quote from: formerdeathcorps on January 14, 2012, 08:59:48 pm
Was there a pattern in the freezing?  As in, did it always freeze after a given scene or action?

It was normally when switching jobs but it did also happen at times during loading screens

TragicHero

Ahh, well that would explain it.  I don't like using ePSXe for FFT because the world map is black and I can't seem to configure it to get rid of it.  Oh well, it's better than nothing I suppose.  :)

3lric

Quote from: TragicHero on January 14, 2012, 10:45:21 pm
Ahh, well that would explain it.  I don't like using ePSXe for FFT because the world map is black and I can't seem to configure it to get rid of it.  Oh well, it's better than nothing I suppose.  :)

Well lucky for you there are ways to fix that :D

here ya go

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=7128.0

TragicHero

Quote from: Elric42 on January 14, 2012, 11:05:57 pm
Well lucky for you there are ways to fix that :D

here ya go

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=7128.0

wow, that worked perfectly, thanks!!

Larkas

Guys, just a heads up: I downloaded the PPF-O-Matic (the one found here) and MSE detected it as a virus, Virus:Win32/Tufik.G to be exact. After that, I downloaded the one in Elric42's post and it read as a clean file by the same antivirus. You might want to check if some hacker for one reason or another substituted/hacked that file.

lustash

can anyone help me with PPF-O-Matic? When I load the ISO and patch file i get the " Cant open the specified image file" what should i do? im noob here :D