• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:53:14 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Disk burning with a patched iso?

Started by Durbs, March 14, 2011, 07:10:55 pm

Durbs

March 14, 2011, 07:10:55 pm Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 08:41:16 pm by Durbs
If you patch an iso, burn it onto a disk, will the game function correctly with the patch installed (eg. I can play the patch from my ps2)? The reason that I'm wondering is because FFTpatcher uses gameshark codes as the modifying method; I'm not entirely sure if that means the game itself is modded directly and files are changed, or indirectly and it wouldn't appear on the burned disk. I would really appreciate some help with this, as I am very rapidly loosing my computer time to the rest of my family (and I'm the only one who uses the ps2).

Also, I'd like to apologize for having way too many new topics posted and cluttering the help forum, I just need that much help.  :|

Edit: @Cheetah- Oh, I know. I know how to mod my ps2 so it can play burned games (ps1 only so far; at the moment, I have no need for ps2 burned games), I'm just trying to play 1.3 as a hard copy.

Edit: @Basola- Are you refering to the SCEAP.DAT as the Sony liscence file?
  • Modding version: PSX

Cheetah

You need a system that can play copies of games. To my knowledge this would require a modded PSX. There might be some hacks for PS2 to play ripped games, but I'm not certain. Emulators on a PC are the common method.
Current Projects:

Bosola

You shouldn't need a modded PSX so long as:

1. Your disc tools never touched the ECC data on the sectors for the Sony Licence file
2. You can force your burner to use only the ECC data held in the ISO, not auto-generate its own

Darkholme

Do you have any suggestions of software that can do that?

I've never been able to run any of my backups of FFT or LoM or FF6 on a non-modded system before; and if there's a way I could run them in my unmodded ps2; that would be awesome. (I dont like using the original discs, as I've had too many of those mess up and stop working; and I don't want to ruin my 3 favorite videogames)

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Quote from: Bosola on March 16, 2011, 07:17:16 pm
You shouldn't need a modded PSX so long as:

1. Your disc tools never touched the ECC data on the sectors for the Sony Licence file
2. You can force your burner to use only the ECC data held in the ISO, not auto-generate its own

Notes to self:
1. Tell Valendian about this, in the thread about the tools he's making for dealing with disc images.
2. Tell the maintainers of a free and open source disc burning program about this, and request that they add an option to do this.

Bosola

Yes, someone does need to create an open-source disc handling app to support simple reinsertion / extraction. It shouldn't be that tricky, really. Unfortunately, I've a few too many projects to do it myself right now, but it's certainly something I'd support.