• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:35:41 pm

World Map issue

Started by Durbs, March 05, 2011, 01:42:42 pm

Durbs

March 05, 2011, 01:42:42 pm Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 01:43:27 pm by Durbs
Heh. Well, on to my next problem, although this one isn't really that major. The problem I'm having now is with the world map. What happens is that when I load the game up and get to the game, the image of the world map is there briefly, but almost immediatley disappears. The same goes for the section where Alazam has the records / character info; the background will stay there for a brief moment, but then disappear. I have no trouble acessing the menus and cities on either, which is why this isn't too bad. What's really unusual, though, is that when ramza moves between cities or the cursor on the world map moves to show new areas (eg moving the cursor from, say, Igros to Zeltennia), the map will be there.

On a side note, this seemed to occur after I restructured my iso with Shishi. Ideas on how to fix it?
  • Modding version: PSX

Cheetah

I believe this is a common emulator problem. Does it not happen with a clean iso? Might want to try a different emulator.
Current Projects:

Eternal

Yeah, that's a normal emulator problem. Certain plugins bypass that problem, but I can't for the life of me remember which ones.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Celdia

Assuming you're running ePSXe, try the attached P.E.Op.S. Soft Driver 1.17. I use it on everything and never have any video problems with emulation.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Durbs

March 05, 2011, 10:50:00 pm #4 Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 10:50:46 pm by Durbs
Quote from: Celdia on March 05, 2011, 02:50:38 pm
Assuming you're running ePSXe, try the attached P.E.Op.S. Soft Driver 1.17. I use it on everything and never have any video problems with emulation.

What settings do you have? Mine...

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.1.77
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: Intel
GFX card: Intel 865G
OGL version: 1.3.0 - Build 4.14.10.4396

Resolution/Color:
- 640x480 Window mode
- Keep psx aspect ratio: off

Textures:
- R8G8A8A8
- Filtering: 0
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: 60.0

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 3
- Framebuffer texture: 2
- Framebuffer access: 0
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: on
- Advanced blending: on

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Line mode: off
- Unfiltered FB: off
- 15 bit FB: off
- Dithering: off
- Screen smoothing: off
- Game fixes: off [00000000]

... does not seem to work with the world map.

GeneralStrife

Download the plugin she posted.
I use it, I NEVER have problems anymore.
ALSO, get the eternal SPU plugin for sound, it even fixes the sounds when you click the fix for square games.

Durbs

I downloaded the PEOpS plug-in... I'm impressed. It fixed everything, and the graphics are infinatley better. I'll look at the sound plug-in next. Thanks guys.