• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 02:16:57 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

In desperate need of emulation help (details enclosed)

Started by Durbs, March 01, 2011, 06:25:43 pm

Durbs

Hey guys. Ok, I have a problem which is driving me absolutely, positively insane. I have ePSXe up and running fine; all bios and plug-ins seem to be working correctly. Now, my problem:

Ok, when I use the emulator to start up FFT with the disk, everything runs perfectly. I decided I wanted an iso, though, so I didn't have to constantly use my disc. My problem is that when I run my iso (not downloaded; made it myself), the screen gets to the Squaresoft logo and just sits there. Any suggestions?
  • Modding version: PSX

dinosaur

Maybe try to torrent the ISO (rather make your own), it is completely legal if you own the copy. Hopefully someone can figure it out so you don't have to download it.  Maybe try following this website steps: http://allfinalfantasy-info.blogspot.com/2007/12/how-to-configure-epsxe-playstation.html

RandMuadDib

hey durbs did you ever figure this out i'm having the exact same problem.
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

pesmerga001

I assume you are using the 160 version right? the newest one is real buggy, PLUS, what kind of bios are you using? Might have gotten a bad one...
Also remember to download Petes graphic plugins, the new Open GL ones.

RandMuadDib

1.7 is buggy? is THAT why it used to run awesome on my old pc and runs like shit now? i'll have to go find that later. At any rate i found another thread that fixed the 'froze at squaresoft screen' problem, for some reason it didnt like that i had disabled sound.

Durbs

Quote from: RandMuadDib on May 17, 2011, 02:57:07 am
hey durbs did you ever figure this out i'm having the exact same problem.
I did actually. It's all in the iso. At first, I had a problem with creating an iso, so what I tried to do was torrent it. That was my problem right there- ePSXe didn't accept the torrent. Only way to go is to make one yourself in my experience.
  • Modding version: PSX

pesmerga001

Yeah 170 is very buggy and tends to freeze early on, get 160.

Also; Make sure to follow this guide for your video setting: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=7128.0

RandMuadDib