• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Catapult and siege engine...are them possible?

Started by Dome, January 26, 2009, 04:23:30 am

Dome

January 26, 2009, 06:12:43 pm #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
Quote from: "Voldemort"But normal units are strong vs. Siege damage! No fortified armor..
you are 100% right (u play war3? there is a similar thing about armors and siege damage...anyway)...In fact i wanted the catapults only for some siege map, where u must smash a huge wall or door (just a custom unit that cant move with innate DEF UP and immunity to all elemental magic, 0 move jump and speed, truly a wall then...and that can be smashed quickly only with catapults shot that ignore ability of defense: but i don't know if a thing like that is possible?)
Of course, against non-fortified units (normal units) the shots would be very inaccurate...
But, as before, i'm only asking if it's possible xD

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Archael

January 26, 2009, 06:38:18 pm #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
I was kidding about the Fortified armor.... yes I played WC3

Your idea seems like it'd fit better on an RTS Editor such as War3Edit... in FFT, not so much

Your answer is yes, it's possible to do it

But that doesn't make it a good idea

Dome

January 27, 2009, 02:46:01 am #22 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
Quote from: "Voldemort"I was kidding about the Fortified armor.... yes I played WC3

Your idea seems like it'd fit better on an RTS Editor such as War3Edit... in FFT, not so much

Your answer is yes, it's possible to do it

But that doesn't make it a good idea

just a custom monster that act like a catapult it's possible...ok i'm fine xD
But i still think a siege would be fun ^_^

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

spoonman

January 27, 2009, 01:59:28 pm #23 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by spoonman
Lol, Voldemort.

I like this idea. Aren't there 'workarounds' for potions with ASM hacks, like Undead / (insert item) = No Effect?

As for everything else, I'd just give it piss-poor speed and movement, uber range and attack damage, and little (or no) means of being repaired (just give it insane HP + ??? stats). If you want/can, you can still have an optional but not necessary Siege Engineer to Monster Skill the bastard for additional attacks.