• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:35:07 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

[OLD] FFT - The Lion War Initial Discussion Thread

Started by 3lric, December 23, 2013, 11:36:50 pm

Nyzer

The sound is simply because of the difference between how the PSX and PSP process sound, basically. It can't be fixed as far as anyone knows?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

DarkSlayer

I know it is a hard issue, not a soft issue. But come on man, what were they thinking? Have they even tested the game before releasing it? What about the fans, the ones that will actually buy the game? They will "see" a huge difference there.

It is not the firtst remake butchered by SE, I played Tactics Ogre on the PSX and it was awesome. Each class had a different animation before attacking, classes had a major role on your characters status would be and it was hard. Why the hell did they ripped all that from the remake? They tried to transform TOLUCT into FFT, and in my opinion that was another major failure.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Moofin

Still eagerly anticipating this. Though I might be making a few choice tweaks to the final product for personal reasons  ;)

Best of luck to the developers.
  • Modding version: PSX

RetroTypes

First post here (been lurking for a while lol) to add to the excitement and anticipation for this patch. The only reason I'm currently working on a patch for the PSP WotL version is because I love all the extra content it provided, and there doesn't seem to be a way to patch the apk for android (which I've been spoiled by, as coming to PSP emulation and hearing these god-awful sounds has my inner FFT uberfan cringing uncontrollably). If I can tweak this patch once it's posted and keep it stable, I can die happy. And if I cant, it'll still be amazing to see! Good luck to all involved, and keep up the good work.
  • Discord username: RetroTypes

3lric

Thank you. We are still waiting on choto to finish the DK hack. Once done we will be in beta testing.

However, the android version is WotL. This mod is the psx version, with a bunch of wotl content added to it as well as 3 of the 4 sound novels that have never been in english in any version of the game.

Choto

Sup peeps, sorry it's taken so long but it turned out to be a pretty involved hack and I've had less and less time to work on it. It's almost wrapped up, i have all the code done. I have to build a really simple spreadsheet, patch the code to a fresh ISO and test it out for bugs. I've tried to move it around so that it doesn't conflict with any of the existing hacks in my FFTorgASM (v0.492). Just stand by a little longer!

Bonesy

• Discord username: Bonesy#9386

Celebrat

I was using this port for how many years coz of WotL and realized how ignored WotL is,  :mrgreen: and yep I found less support to that remake, and here I am looking forward to this project, Super excited Choto-senpai!  :oops:
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
Let Marche Isekai to Ivalice dammit!!!!

3lric

Quote from: Celebrat on June 01, 2019, 12:44:31 am
I was using this port for how many years coz of WotL and realized how ignored WotL is,  :mrgreen: and yep I found less support to that remake, and here I am looking forward to this project, Super excited Choto-senpai!  :oops:

Wat?

Kagebunji

Hahaha, my thoughts exactly Elric.

sutebenukun

I am also very excited for this!

Also as a side note, Kagebunji, I'm pretty sure your avatar is Dias Flac, right? If so, Major Props, I love Second Story!
  • Discord username: sutebenukun

3lric

Hey guys, so Choto finished the hack as far as we know lol. I just made a BETA test for myself that I will run thru quickly to see if i can find any issues.

If no issues arise then I will be accepting beta testing requests for next week.

thank you all for your patience

Drunkard

That's Amazing!!! You guys are awesome!!

Bonesy

Nice! I'd help but I'm pretty busy trying to find GAINFUL EMPLOYMENT right now. Good luck, though!
  • Discord username: Bonesy#9386

3lric

A couple small issues left to fix, on Choto's end, regarding unlocking requirements, but otherwise all is working well! We are very very close now!

Here's some screencaps to show them in game though.

3lric

Quote from: Heisho on October 10, 2018, 07:03:51 pm
Hi there Elric.
Do you know if in the hack for Dark Knight separate jobs can be used? Or different skillsets between male and female?
Or only one job and skillset can be used for both genders?

BTW the sprite of the funeral priest is suppoused to be  used in vanilla. Are you going to used other sprite resource (ETVCH or something)

Anyway the patch is coming great, I have updated my project to be more compatible with this. Keep up the good work.

So I'm going back through some old posts to find any final things I need to address and so I have some more info on this.

Yes, it is 1 new class for male and 1 new class for female. They don't HAVE to be DK, that is just what I've made them for TLW. I did it by making 2 jobs that share 1 skillset, however you can easily make 2 jobs that use different skillsets. The issue is that, like Bard/Dancer, these would only be available to the proper sex.

As for the funeral man. I had made a mistake in my assumptions, and have addressed this so it will not be an issue now.

3lric

Almost there guys.

Literally just waiting on 2 small fixes to the DK hack.

I've spent most of the day today creating a TLW Beta Testing Checklist, as well as fixing up the OP of this topic a bit. Angel even found her old TLW gif file that got broken in the OP of this thread years ago.

Feels great to be so close to releasing TLW. Stay Tuned!

Argy

Great work guys!! This looking amazing!!
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

Heisho

Quote from: Elric on July 12, 2019, 08:24:58 pm
So I'm going back through some old posts to find any final things I need to address and so I have some more info on this.

Yes, it is 1 new class for male and 1 new class for female. They don't HAVE to be DK, that is just what I've made them for TLW. I did it by making 2 jobs that share 1 skillset, however you can easily make 2 jobs that use different skillsets. The issue is that, like Bard/Dancer, these would only be available to the proper sex.

As for the funeral man. I had made a mistake in my assumptions, and have addressed this so it will not be an issue now.

So this means that the sprite of Bredmont will be relocated? If that is the case I'm already prepared for that situation since I though that that guy was going to be needed. But if you just made an event sprite that also helps.
BTW I'm very exited to hear that is almost complete. Good work man.
Grrr, arwg, hiss, and some other zombie noises...
  • Discord username: Heisho

ibostyle11

Awesome news from awesome people.
Can't wait to binge play this and check the ins and out of EVERYTHING.
Insomnia has it's uses lol