• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 03:07:48 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Funeral and St. Ajora spriting problems...

Started by LastingDawn, April 16, 2008, 04:09:49 pm

LastingDawn

April 16, 2008, 04:09:49 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Well, I tried my hand at spriting and it seems quite fun, I managed to "fix" Funeral, a slight fix anyway I gave him white mage arms for all his functions (possibly a mistake...) he loses his unique Talk Skill pose, replacing such with just arms raised, and while his physical attack pose was fine before now it is just a jumbled mess, may it deal with two overlapping animations? Also, I plan on making a battle where St. Ajora and the Zodiac Braves from legend are present, as a different introductory battle of sorts. Of course for this I will need a working Ajora sprite, which I am slowly making from Meliadoul, while that Meliadoul is almost perfect her attack animation are as well very askewed, currently I've removed her hood (or at least tried) from every sprite frame. But a few were just backshots of her hood, so I removed them completely with White Spots to remember that there is supposed to be something there.

EDIT: Just took another look at St. Ajora's portriat and he's wearing a hood! Bah! Ah, well... it was an interesting experience anyhow, and makes my job a little easier overall.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Zozma

April 16, 2008, 05:27:34 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
the thought had occured to me to use meliadoul's sprite for that portrait, however if i recall thats not st ajora, just an unused portrait. the closest thing to st ajora was him reincarnated into alma's body. wasnt St. Ajora a guy in his past incarnation?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Vanya

April 16, 2008, 06:26:27 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
He was indeed.
¯\(°_0)/¯

LastingDawn

April 16, 2008, 09:38:47 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Hmm? Well if I recall he has an entry in the Brave Story, it doesn't really show Alma/Ajora does it? I personally don't recall seeing it, but my friend recalls the portrait. I'll check it out.

EDIT:

Now, this portrait only appears when St. Ajora is chosen as a party member. That makes it special in it's own right.

(not the same kind of special as Teta sharing her her portrait with one of Goltana's Advisors)

Take a look to examine the picture, it isn't neccessarily a woman. A youngish looking man, with his hair slicked back, a very regal look. His brow furrowed and raised neck makes him look very handsome, but bitter and forthright. Now those would fit St. Ajora. A holy visage mixed quite highly with a man filled with emotion (in regards to the people's belief in him being a holy Son of God who could do no wrong while starkly contrasted with forceful emotion).

Art of War

Lydyn

April 16, 2008, 10:05:45 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Neat. ^_^

Zozma

April 17, 2008, 02:30:46 am #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
i suppose it could be.. also st ajora didnt have a picture in the brave story because he was a "saint" from long ago. and thru the whole story the zodiac demons were there to reincarnate him... alma's body was just the one. a weird twist really since ramza was the reincarnation of the one who killed him last time as well.
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

LastingDawn

April 17, 2008, 05:24:56 am #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
While the basis for St. Ajora is relatively simple, now I need to think of what to do for Barius, Golgorand and Germonik, the other mentioned of his 12 Disciples. It was mentioned elsewhere they could be classes taken away (Calculator, Mediator, etc...) As an introductory battle, power isn't a question. Since Ajora and crew will at least be Level 50, with quite a few special skills. I was also thinking that Rofel's sprite would work for Ajora... but his overall appearance is so odd that even from his basic sprite he looks too rugged.

Art of War