• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 08:31:15 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Push?

Started by Jon, May 17, 2010, 01:24:44 pm

Jon

Pretty self explainitory, I wanna know please how you can set the basic move Dash to 100% of pushing a unit back, same for Counter Tackle. Also, it would be great if someone could tell me how to make this ranged like a spell (I think I may be able to figure this out myself) so that Dash works more or less like a Jedi's Force Push, pushing units back ;) Also if there is a way to pull units toward you, please shoot away! Much thanks!
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

philsov

there's asm to support 100% knockback, bundled with the orgASM program.  As for making it spell-like... throw stone is already ranged in that aspect, though I've never tried to add an AoE to it...
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Vanya

Also, whatever you do to Dash will affect Counter Tackle as well.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

formerdeathcorps

Quote from: "philsov"there's asm to support 100% knockback, bundled with the orgASM program.  As for making it spell-like... throw stone is already ranged in that aspect, though I've never tried to add an AoE to it...

Adding AoE or status effects to that formula either don't work or reduce knockback chance to 0%.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Jon

Thanks for the info!
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Timbo

Yeah, and I believe that the visual stone throwing effect still happens too.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Timbo