• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:07:14 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Journey of the Five Battle Logs

Started by Jumza, March 29, 2013, 01:16:44 pm

Stann

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn5aGCN8kmA&feature=player_detailpage

I managed to salvage episode two after forgetting to turn on my microphone for the entire hour and a half recording session. :\ Instead, I split it up into two 30~ minute videos, cutting out all the extraneous formation screen stuff.

DaTruthDT

I'm following the trail of everyone at ID and I've started JOT5 as well.

Here's the link to the playlist http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii46WRQfKtU&list=PLxDKxnBDRDIW_CAmE-3eU4NWcwS64xx7Z&index=1

Major props to Elric, Raven, & everyone who worked on this. JOT5 is absolutely amazing. I'm having a ton of fun and I'm already looking forward to Chapter 2.

3lric

August 15, 2013, 05:14:23 pm #222 Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 09:42:27 pm by Elric
You guys rock! Always awesome to see a an new LP after work. Really gets me motivated to event.

Keep em comin fellas!
  • Modding version: PSX

shoruke

September 10, 2013, 08:05:52 pm #227 Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 01:36:53 am by shoruke
I fought a random battle that included a Wizard named Tim  ;)
unintentional(?) Monty Python references FTW

But then, some time later, I'm just doing another random battle, went to check the CT schedule, and suddenly, DUDE, spoiler alert!

Snaaaaaaake~

Kjata

So, after several playthroughs of Vanilla, 2 incomplete play throughs of 1.3 and one complete one (except the DD), I thought I'd never be surprised by FFT ever again. I figured I'd see some cool new stuff here and there, but never be surprised by it. Well, you did it.

I actually used poison in a fight. Not only that, but it was a key element to my stategy of beating sweegy woods. Between the raised hp totals and it lasting after death, it was incredibly useful on the dragons. They would die, stand up and run, and then die again. As a side effect, it also let me get around the bombs critical quick.

nextgenrpg

These random battles are really disheartening. I got a random battle with 5 or 6 turtles. Round 1: They all did their AOE rock shower and I lost. These are just a bit much for me right now!

3lric

Not all the random battles are as deadly as that one. One of my personal favorites is one you get going from Zaland to Bariaus Hill.
It's pretty much you and two other teams. Whether you decide to jump into the brawl or wait until they fight/kill each other, you still
get all the rewards.

Barren

I am having great difficulty with this fight that you're about to see. If anyone has any tips on how I can get pass this battle it would be greatly appreciated.

FFT: Journey of the 5 Walkthrough Part 11
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Barren

3lric

Nice job Barren, hopefully you don't have as hard of a time with the next few battles :P

Barren

Quote from: Elric on November 19, 2013, 10:48:27 pm
Nice job Barren, hopefully you don't have as hard of a time with the next few battles :P

Yea hopefully lol. I will finish chapter 1 soon, just have a lot on the table right now when it comes to school. But after this weekend comes thanksgiving break :)

wootnanny

hey im new to this site but, i will say i just finished playing through. gotta hand it to ya guys. WAS SO BADASS. loved it can not wait for chapter 2. best of luck to all your work. keep it up you make everyone proud! :cool:

Hyraldelita

I keep playing the jot5 , and i keep thinking later on the game will be amazing, even the hard random battles.

But some random battles = game over, it's very frustrating.

It should be lowered the "kind" of enemies you can meet at low lvl, and the numbers of them..

In the original FFT you cannot meet a black or a red chocobos when you're low lvl , same for other strong moster type... and there is a reason if they did it that way!

Later on if it's that hard it would be very funny, couse you actually have skills and clas to fight them, but mandalia plains.. lvl 16 3 chocobos 3 lamia 1 bomb (the black chocobo could do to 50 to 100 damage when my max Hp is 150) absolutely impossible to win.

i love hard fight, but it really doesn't make sense to make impossible one^^
this is the third random battle zero chance to win i found for now..

Actually random battle are so hard sometimes that make the story battle look VERY EASY and spoil the fun a bit.

Zolias

Um... is it weird that Ramza, who was my lowest level character (Lv 2 @ Bariaus Hill while Dante and Cloud were around 3 or 4) is now my highest level character (13 after tons of grinding) after finishing Bariaus Valley and getting the secret that isn't much of a secret anymore, btw lol) after I unlocked the magic classes for him?  Link also shot up, and is kinda important for Ramza's level potential with White Magic (seriously, White Magic + Saria's Song = Level Grind; even better when they have MP Absorb lol).  Snake is my other who is fairly low leveled, but was my highest for a while (tons of lucky Move! uses).  Cloud and Dante are now my lowest level characters, and I don't even use items anymore.

Bariaus Hill first attempt, just like most people, made me realize why I hate Lamias, but also the reason I'm grinding Ramza in Mage classes... lol

I've also found that Bariaus Hill randoms, that the combo of Knight + Chemist + 1-2 Squires is the second easiest; easiest tends to be Beastmaster + Chocobo.  All in all, no need for items once you get past Knight 2 and Chemist 3 with Ramza. 

btw, I was doing a lot of Grinding and got Flare for Ramza... I loved the dialogue for it!

Jumza

Snake seems to fall off in levels because he has a lot of useful moves with lower hit rates, a lot of his actions will just end up with him not gaining any exp or jp because they miss. Also some people use him as an invisible shield, I never did but I heard it was a popular strategy 0.o idk about Cloud and Dante, but Ramza and Link are probably high up because they're spamming abilities all the time, as you say :P I'm glad we can all come together to collectively hate Lamia's. they can be pretty annoying.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.