• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:34:10 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Journey of the Five Battle Logs

Started by Jumza, March 29, 2013, 01:16:44 pm

Hyraldelita

guys, i think i made a big mistake XD i got lvl 25 and on my second walktrough the story, i'm kinda... "how do i kill him now?" hahaha

he's 26 and does around 160 damage with normal attack, sin arvest leave you with 1 hp. LOL i'm honestly curious to see what do i have to do to beat him XD

he got around 350 Hp and my link mage with Holy does 45 damage hahah has holy been nerfed?^^

well it look it will take a bit to figure out how to beat him with only cloud and link.

(let's make a funclub "we hate lamias" ) XD

3lric

• Modding version: PSX

Eternal

• Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Jumza

Haha, I laughed pretty hard when Elric asked me to make an event with 7 Lamia's. That battle's gonna be pretty rough, though I bet if you block the Lamia's off from the opening you wouldn't have much trouble (unless they have enough jump to get over the wall).
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Hyraldelita

March 12, 2015, 07:07:16 pm #244 Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 08:18:27 am by Hyraldelita
hahah lol that screen is a nightmare if you meet them in chapter 1 xD

Ok i just did the mark mission in warjilis, ahahah it was so lol, and Snake it too lame for going around the map invisible looking for item with move-find items XD

very funny battle, the second mark in awfully hard XD still have to beat them, i think i'll make a video when i can, that chicken in a bit OP ^^

KingUrameshi

Link with black magic as the Hero of time is a juggernaut. And Snake is gonna make one hell of a thief.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You have allies... Friends that would risk their lives, and I am one of them.

RayKamiya

Today I had a pretty interesting battle At Zyrikle Falls.

I Had Cloud, Snake, Agrias, Link, and a Generic facing 6 Turtles.

I set Link and Snake to AI to protect Agrias and the rest I controlled myself.

at one point after a LUCKY finish touch petrified 2 of the turtles and Stopped one of them Link decided to cast Tornado on Agrias, I thought "Okay maybe he targeted her to move closer to the turtles to extend the range?"

Nope she moved into a corner and allowed herself to be hit by the spell and Snake had to spend a few turns healing her.

Cloud was getting lucky with Finish Touch this battle as the turtles lined themselves up and another finish touch this time killed 2 more and stopped another one so now I go from 6 turtles to 2.

Agrias drops a Split Punch on one turtle and dooms it, and Snake pulls off a successful Assassinate to kill the Turtle without doom on it.

I spend several turns just dealing small damage to it because of damage split and it's defense up abilities and it died when the doom counter hit 0.

all in all it was a fun battle.   

Jumza

You are the only person I've seen willingly put a unit on Auto-Battle without the intent of having the AI grind for them. Just wondering, why?
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

3lric

Cuz Jot5 was built well enough to support it ;)

RayKamiya

Quote from: Jumza on June 23, 2015, 06:47:48 pm
You are the only person I've seen willingly put a unit on Auto-Battle without the intent of having the AI grind for them. Just wondering, why?

I usually put my party on AI and control one character mostly because I sit back and say "Okay do something funny" and the AI does some funny things sometimes.

I've seen in Vanilla for an example Units in the Fight you save Algus who were set to protect him Ko him and revive him to avoid him being killed by the enemy AI, as well as several times I've tried to make a red mage by making a Geomancer with limited abilities and math skill learned only to have most of my party disabled by poor math >.<

a lot of times too its because I use Items a lot in battle and I often mess up the aiming when throwing items so I sometimes throw a well needed potion into a rock face...

ChaosStar0

I've been looking at the LPs for this game and I was wondering, why does everyone but DaTruthDT speed up their videos to an insane degree? I don't like watching sped up footage, and I really doubt others would like it too, so the question is why?

3lric

Because most people who do LPs do so of the original game, and they are sped up for battles, since everyone has seen FFT battles many times. Though i do agree, i wish they would slow it down at least for the events, i work hard on those damn things :P I'd recommend CT5Holy's LP as well, as I was able to talk to him during the making of it and got him to not speed thru the actual events, lol

ChaosStar0

Even then sped up footage makes it look like everyone is hyped up on crack or something and it looks awful. I actually enjoy normal speed battles since that makes it look that much better. Still i'll wait until chapter 2 is up before I download the game. I never finished the original game though. People say that it's very easy, but I never thought so.

Pandemoniu

Quote from: ChaosStar0 on July 05, 2015, 03:00:21 amI never finished the original game though. People say that it's very easy, but I never thought so.

I bet people who say that are super-veterans who've been playing this game for years.

ChaosStar0

July 05, 2015, 06:34:18 am #254 Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 07:04:09 am by ChaosStar0
I've only made it a bit further than Golgorond Execution Site. Vanilla is tough enough, so i'm kinda worried about this game. Also I tried watching CT5holy, but I couldn't do it, the movement's way to fast and it makes me really jittery.

gatebuster202

Warning: Longish post.

The game is not nessecarily difficult, but vanilla had it's spikes in difficulty. (Lionel Gate House, Riovanes pt. 2) Jot5 has a pretty even difficult level, save a few random encounters, a certain Lionel battle and a certain boss at the end of the game.

Jot5 is harder, and has more specific strategies, and approaches to bosses. However, I like that statuses have a use. (No one has meaningfully used statuses in a FF game since, before Seven. Even then, I don't think we saw it used so well.) Jot5 reminds me of playing FFVI or FFIII which were harder, better thought out games then FFVII and beyond. We have also seen difficulty in gameplay fall off with each passing generation of consoles.(Thirteen an beyond are better as Movies then games.)

For reference, I'm not a "super veteran." My vanilla run through a were at the ages of six, eleven and fifteen. All on console. At six I had to get my dad to help me beat the first half of the second Riovanes battle. (I didn't quite grasp that I had to spec Ramza a certain way for the fight. Ninja Chemist wasn't cutting it.) I've not done the SCC or SSCC.

I played Jot5 on release. I swear I almost lost every battle. I think the return to Lionel, took me, ten or twelve attempts before I made it work. (Link as a ranger Rmza as a BM and Cloud doing his thing.) Even then I was barely alive at the end of the fight on everyone but Snake the drug dealer.

Other then that and the bad-ass monsters, Jot5 has a much smoother curve then Vanilla did.

Now that's my rant on don't make things less difficult. If strategies and interactions are your problems, READ EVERYTHING! Know your select key and use it. Elric and Raven and everyone else spent hours on making sure everything did what it said it did in TacText. That's love right there. If you still need a normal speed Let's play. I will probably do my first series of LP's on re-release of Jot5. It will include zero story scenes, just to save me time, and that I lack video capture experiance. So, this concludes my always long winded replies.
Winner of the 2nd FFT Arena SCC Tourney. -Geomancers

3lric

Quote from: Pandemoniu on July 05, 2015, 06:01:30 am
I bet people who say that are super-veterans who've been playing this game for years.

Not especially. I've never thought FFT was that hard, (and I don't play any difficulty mods) usually when something is too difficult it's because your setup isn't what it should be for a specific fight (in vanilla). Not to say it was always easy, but i don't think you'd have to be a 'super-veteran' to think it wasn't very difficult when you have the right setup.

RayKamiya

at least now this version makes me try out new classes and abilities so that i'm not going through the game with one setup for every battle XD

ChaosStar0

My favorite FF game is 5, and I love how they did jobs in that game. Tactics has always been a little fun, but mostly frustrating, cause the enemies always seem to be too strong unless you have a specific setup, and that always made me angry cause I kept losing fights. In my last game I couldn't get past the Sand Rat Cellar. (Goddamn Knights always blocking nearly every attack and doing way more damage than they should at that point in the game.)

3lric

You shoulda had some monks. Monks are boss, lol

In vanilla, I normally spend about 2 or 3 battles (about an hour each) just gaining up some JP and EXP. This would usually have me pretty much set until the end of Ch2, where you start getting more unique characters.