• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:43:12 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Breath of Fire mod

Started by Bladegrasp1997, September 08, 2023, 09:23:07 pm

Bladegrasp1997

September 08, 2023, 09:23:07 pm Last Edit: September 08, 2023, 09:46:45 pm by Bladegrasp1997
I was looking at some of the sprites for breath of fire 3 and 4 and noticed some of them are similar to ones that are already in FFT. I was thinking how hard it would be to actually get something like this going considering Ryu's transform abilities are very similar to Reis abilities. I would like to get started with this but do not know where to begin. I can make maps,custom items and have some experience with abilities,but have very little knowledge editing sprites and animating them. I saw some of the tools and I'm going to try it out. Is there any advice or opinions on how I can do this? I'll leave event editing out until I have something presentable.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

CONMAN

Cool stuff Bladegrasp!  I debated making a mod like based on BoF!  I believe that Valkirst has made several BoF sprites including Teepo and his dragon form. 

Good Luck!
  • Modding version: PSX

Bladegrasp1997

September 09, 2023, 10:22:18 am #2 Last Edit: September 09, 2023, 10:40:27 am by Bladegrasp1997
I tried looking in the custom sprites section but couldn't find them. Do you know if they've been posted anywhere?

Update

I found them. Thanks 👍

Bladegrasp1997

Tried editing the monk sprite and came up with this.