• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 05:21:30 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

MP Drain Bug

Started by formerdeathcorps, April 04, 2010, 04:29:10 am

formerdeathcorps

Even if the enemy MP is 0, you can still  drain MP from enemies.

If we know the addresses for the damage formulas, wouldn't this be as easy as adding an if statement to check and take the minimum of MP damage and curMP (assuming the next line is HP healed = minimum)?
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Xifanie

yes, that is an easy hack.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

formerdeathcorps

Would it involve fixing every single MP drain formula separately or is there one code fix for MP damage that would fix each formula (like the drain HP % to be capped at % of 999 hack)?
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Xifanie

each separately... I think there are only two MP drain formulas anyway; Dark Sword and Aspel/other one.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Timbo

If you guys come up with the ASM hack for this, please publish it.  I'd love to use this in my patch.
  • Discord username: Timbo