• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:55:30 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Some WIP Sprites

Started by advfox, October 15, 2020, 11:03:32 pm

advfox

October 15, 2020, 11:03:32 pm Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 05:03:13 pm by Blue
A couple of months ago I got back into working on a personal hack after a several year hiatus, adding a few new units - some for FFXII/TA2 lore tying, a few because I want them in the game. Most of my sprites and many portraits are WIPs, with the hope that someone might want to use any of these sheets for themselves once they're finished

If I eventually make any EVTCHR frames for my events, I'll post those as well

I have several sheets lying around but I've dropped some of them (slot constraints); these are those I intend on finishing:
Original Male special unit
Original Female special unit
Original Gria special unit
Denam (TO - 2010 design)
Cloud (FF7 Remake)
Etna/Prinny (Disgaea)
Neptune (HDN) Done

Sheets
TYPE1_neptune2.bmp
MON_prinny2.bmp
TYPE1_etna10.bmp

Portraits (some in early stages) *Ashe is small alteration to an existing custom portrait, not sure who to credit
NeptunePort_3.bmpnewlusoFACE3.bmpnewcloudFACE1.bmpprinnyFACE2.bmpfukaFACE4.bmpetna_port.bmpashe(personae)FACE1.bmp

Thanks for taking the time to look at my concepts, I'd like to keep this post updated
  • Modding version: PSX

Valkirst

These are pretty great but if I may, your lines on your portraits need more definition and the colors are off. Some of the best advice I've ever gotten is to stick to the FFT colors so that the artwork looks consistent. I tried for so long to do my thing with that and you can to some extent but it usually looks better using the FFT colors. I generally use the All Portraits image pinned to help with that. Seriously awesome work though, miles above where I started.
Completed Sprites
  • Discord username: Valkirst

advfox

October 18, 2020, 05:22:18 am #2 Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 01:26:01 pm by Blue
Thank you, I'll look into adjusting my colors

EDIT: Yep, my colors are definitely off, thanks again for pointing that out

advfox

Early portrait and sprite I made for Denam tonight, while I'm looking forward to working on him, animating the cloth on his legs is going to be a pain

reference.bmp

denamFACE1.bmp

advfox

October 22, 2020, 09:10:02 pm #4 Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 03:26:43 pm by Blue
Completed Neptune sheet

TYPE1_neptune2.bmp

Soh

Nice i cant wait to see more
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Soh

advfox

Just came back after a long hiatus, going to try to get some of these sprites finished that I was already working on before. Don't think I'll be starting any new sheets, though