• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:37:30 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

SOR - Elemental Circle

Started by SentinalBlade, August 23, 2009, 05:33:59 pm

SilvasRuin

September 01, 2009, 07:59:13 pm #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
Wind always strikes me as focusing less on damage and more on range or AoE effects.

Water tends to be slapped with healing roles in games focusing on elemental wheels that lack a specific holy or healing element.

I've got several inquiries about fire and lightning.  Why are they both purely offensive?  Why is one stronger than the other if the other doesn't have a secondary focus?  Have you considered making Fire be more raw power offensive and lightning be speedy offensive?

Ice says it is a mix of damage and support.  What is Water a mix of?

What is Holy?

Skip Sandwich

September 01, 2009, 10:21:28 pm #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
My ideas

Element     -     Power     -     AoE     -     Vertical   -     Other

Fire           -     Mid         -    High     -     Low         -   n/a

Ice            -    High        -    Low      -     Low         -  inflict Don't Move, Slow or Stop, depending on spell

Thunder     -    Mid          -    Low      -    High         -   n/a

Wind         -    Mid*         -    Mid       -    Mid          - *Low damage/High healing* and negative status removal

Earth         -    Mid          -    Mid        -    Mid         -   moderate offense, positive status effects

Water       -    Mid          -    High      -    Mid         -   damage + healing, minor positive/negative status

Holy         -    Mid          -    Low       -    Mid       -    damage + positive status removal, revival

Dark        -    Mid          -    Low       -    Mid        -   damage + negative status infliction
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

DarthPaul

September 05, 2009, 09:27:39 am #22 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Quote from: "SilvasRuin"Wind always strikes me as focusing less on damage and more on range or AoE effects.

Water tends to be slapped with healing roles in games focusing on elemental wheels that lack a specific holy or healing element.

I've got several inquiries about fire and lightning.  Why are they both purely offensive?  Why is one stronger than the other if the other doesn't have a secondary focus?  Have you considered making Fire be more raw power offensive and lightning be speedy offensive?

Ice says it is a mix of damage and support.  What is Water a mix of?

What is Holy?

Holy is a mediatoresque class, I think. The rest are the way they are based on hours of thinking of reasons and not getting much other than"being a bit different". IIRC
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Zaen

September 05, 2009, 02:09:15 pm #23 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zaen
If you ask me, I agree with Lighting being speedy offensive, fire raw power, and wind with range/AoE. Why not make water a quick, less potent healing/defensive support role? Holy should be pure defensive, having strong healing. That leaves Ice in a strange position, though. It could be more offensive than water and less supportive. Maybe weak buff and moderate damage?
"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar