• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Is there an easy way to combine patches?

Started by drbretto, April 22, 2011, 09:30:36 am

drbretto

April 22, 2011, 09:30:36 am Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 10:32:41 am by drbretto
I was wondering if there's an easy, cut and paste way to combine some of the features I like from different patches and put it into my own conglomeration. Something like a spreadsheet-form patcher?

Like let's say I wanted to take all of the class changes from one patch and apply it to the encounter changes in 1.3 for example. Or even just copying and pasting all of the, say, knight sword changes from one patch to another without having to go in and change each item individually? Is anything like that possible?

I'm looking for some new flavor and I like some of the other not-so-mainstream patches on the site, but I can't find one I like completely so I wanted to basically import my favorite features from other patches for the 1.3 encounters.

My gut says no and I'm gonna end up taking 1.3038 and giving every class innate JP up and boosting the invite chance percentage or something. I want at least one monster at all times in my main crew for flavor and the invite chance is ridiculously low. I'll just have to use will power to not use invite as a tactic for winning a battle. Plus I'm sick of the JP grind, so screw it, I'm boosting that too :P

Edit: NM. I'm just taking 1.3038 and giving everyone JP boost and treasure hunter, PA classes get poach and MA classes get beastmaster and every class gets one innate class-specific support ability. I'm calling it 1.3 cheap-ass type :P

Edit 2: haha, this is fun. I also gave dual wield guns (I know of the bug where the second weapon gets  gun range, I'll have to force myself not to abuse it) and changed the -brave archer ability to a WP+2 fire arrow to go with the oil shot.