• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 02:40:25 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Tonb3rry's Sprites

Started by Tonb3rry, February 20, 2010, 03:49:25 am

Tonb3rry

I've got a good few in the works atm, but I finally finished an entire sheet. Litterally just now. I've yet to play test it, but 4am isn't exactly the best time for that, I suppose. Still needs a portrait, however I'm not quite at that level of skill yet, I'm afraid (if anyone feels like jumpin in there, feel free  :D )
Now all we have to do is figure out a way to modify (the Hell out of) the Frog spell and, boom. Werewolf.

Also attaching the .SPR file if anyone actually does feel like playtesting it this late.

Tonb3rry

Okay. Well I went ahead and playtested it anyway. Animations work fine, including the injured and death animations (which I was most worried about) there's a little head bobbing action goin on, which I'll have to fix, but overall, I'm pretty happy with the ingame performance.

jimmyjw88

Looks great. Well done and congrats ^^
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Kagebunji

Looks good, but does Werewolfs have tail?  suppose they have, but shorter, the one you have now gives it a lot of Demon look, and I know Demon was a base.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

mav

Great work! My only issues are with the arms on the back views (occasionally they look bony), the length of the tail (as Kage mentioned), and the overall face shape (but I can't seem to pinpoint the problem). The dead poses are insanely good--very innovative. Again, great work, Ton. Good luck with the portrait. ;)

dwib

on the back views it still has a tiny demon wing on it's right side that you missed

mav

Ah yes, dwib hit the point on the head--those are wing remnants on the back, not boniness. Also, with the Critical animation, maybe you should make his right hand clenched too or his eyes closed or something. I dunno...right now he looks like he'll pounce rather than die...

Tonb3rry

Yeah, the tail thing is bothering me too. I thought I got all the wing bits  :cry:  ah well. The problem with the face, that I have, is that it's just too fat from the back side, but it's the only way I could get it to still hold the proper shape.

I agree, something needs to be done about the critical animation for certain. I also don't like the howling animation, simply because the straight up head looks ridiculous, but I wanted something a little different.

mav

I thought the howling animation looked awesome, but that's just me. This sprite is definitely on the right track though--it just needs a little tweaking, then it'll be ready. Great work, Ton.

Tonb3rry

Well, I'll get to work on the fixes, but thanks for all the insight; help is always appreciated :D

Tonb3rry

Alright; shoulders de-winged, tail shortened - should be in working order now. Closed the eyes in the wounded animation, as well as the fist - the changes are minor, but they really to make the difference, thanks!

Tonb3rry

FAAAAAAAAAIL!!! I forgot to post the updated sprite.

Tonb3rry

Some other sprites I've been working on:

The Turk (Male and Female) - I patched in the SOLDIER japanese sprite, then thought how great it would be to have Turks as well, so as a result:
[attachment=5:2306ya9g]TurkM.bmp[/attachment:2306ya9g]
[attachment=4:2306ya9g]Turkf.bmp[/attachment:2306ya9g]

Ramza as a SOLDIER
[attachment=3:2306ya9g]RamzaSOLDIER.bmp[/attachment:2306ya9g]

Delita as a SOLDIER
[attachment=2:2306ya9g]DelitaSoldier.bmp[/attachment:2306ya9g]

Algus as a Turk
[attachment=1:2306ya9g]AlgusTurk.bmp[/attachment:2306ya9g]

Nariem - his palette got screwed, and I'm not exactly sure how, but i've not put forth the effort to repair it just yet.
[attachment=0:2306ya9g]Nariem.bmp[/attachment:2306ya9g]

I'm also working on a Zombie sprite. I've gotten their attacks worked out to make for interesting and annoyingly intense battles, so now all I need is a fun sprite to fit an absolutely heinously obnoxious enemy that actually requires rather innovative tactics.

Kagebunji

Your Nariem is really good, I like it a lot, and don't worry about palette, it looks good to me. Those Turks look good too, submit em all :D
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Jon

Lol @ Ramza and Delita as SOLDIERs. Awesome work! ;)
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

mav

The Soldiers' palettes need some fixing--I think there's been some significant loss of detail as a result of the color reduction. All the Turks look okay, but I gotta say Nariem is the best looking out of all of these sprite. Once you fix the palette and the way his head connects to his neck on the forward facing diagonal frames, it'll be a fantastic sprite. It kind of reminds of me of the Squolar, a character for FFT: Mercenaries.

Tonb3rry

You know, I actually got the inspiration from Squalor, but (not to bash the sprite mind you) he just seemed a bit too much like a recolor for my tastes. Nariem looks fine in a sheet, yeah, but once you import him the colors are completely screwed. Strangely, the SOLDIER sprites haven't lost much detail - if anything the detail has been lost in the faces of Ramza and Delita. I agree that they do need a little tweaking though.

SilvasRuin

Ah... are the color values multiples of four?

jimmyjw88

Yeah, that Nariem is the best among them all. Good job.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

VampragonLord

I would like to fully, and whole heartedly thank you for the werewolf sprite, and wish for your permission to use it in my patch, and would be interested in seeing any of your other works in that genre (samples, full sheets, etc)
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~