• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 12:42:52 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFT Dub

Started by LastingDawn, July 18, 2008, 10:26:03 am

LastingDawn

July 18, 2008, 10:26:03 am Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
A group from a canadian (I think it's based in Canada?) voice acting website have started to dub the original FFT. Now I feel like this project has a ton of potential, but simply because they are FFT, they probably won't get too many views, if we could give all the support we can to another flourishing FFT community, I think it would give them the will and drive to continue on.

http://www.youtube.com/user/FFTStudios
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Cheetah

July 19, 2008, 12:44:44 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Wow Lasting Dawn good call. Everyone should watch these, they are quite sweet. It seems like our two communities could definitely benefit from eachother. The voice actor for Agrias is really good, and Ramza sounds good as well. Gafgarion was a little over the top though haha.

I have to wonder why they are using that piece of shit PSX translation though. The story actually makes sense in the PSP version, why ruin good voice acting with horrible writing?
Current Projects:

LastingDawn

July 19, 2008, 02:45:51 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Hehe, when you have limitations, you have limitations, I suppose it's comparable to having a playwright that you can't get a license too, they just don't have the playthrough possible for WoTL.Though the PSX has it's moments...

"I'm here to save Agrias! Geronimo!!!" That will be worth paying money for, no doubt.

Art of War

Vanya

July 19, 2008, 02:55:37 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Maybe if someone were willing to port over the PSP translation to the PSX version they could benefit from the better script. *cough*
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

LastingDawn

July 19, 2008, 03:19:42 am #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
It's much more difficult then it looks at first glance. It would be an absolutely gigantic undertaking.

Art of War

Bastard Poetry

July 19, 2008, 03:36:59 am #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
It certainly is interesting. Mippa is absolutely perfect as Agrias!

I'm a little bummed that Alazlam doesn't have more dialogue in the game, though. I never would have given it a second thought if it hadn't have been for that great voice actor!

I do agree that Gafgarion was a little over the top. I'm not complaining, though, because it made me laugh when he did the Night Sword thing.
Final Fantasy Tactics - Thief SSCC:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL73FB72C01D917FD6&feature=viewall

(Fully recorded LP; successes, failures, and most things inbetween)

Cheetah

July 19, 2008, 05:35:42 am #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
I'm with you a 100% Bastard, Alazham was awesome. So need to be using the correct script though, it is like painful.
Current Projects:

Vanya

July 19, 2008, 08:43:52 am #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
As do I, BP.

I think a script port would more tedious than difficult, per say. I'm already working on some of it for my hack.
¯\(°_0)/¯

orangejulius56

July 21, 2008, 04:38:57 am #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by orangejulius56
I think the Gafgarion voice was totally out of character. He sounds like a barbarian, and just pure muscle. It did not reflect his cunning at all. In my opinion Gafgarion should always be calm and have an arrogant tone to his voice. Could you imagine this voice in his conversations with the cardinal or Dycedarg?
Examples of where this would not fit:

Gafgarion: Exactly. But what if...?

Draclau: You are being weak.

Gafgarion: 'Careful' is more like it. You've got to be careful
to survive on a battlefield.

Would that ogre of a voice actor fit as someone who is "careful"?

Gafgarion: It's hard to believe his own brother said that.
Sickening. But what if the Cardinal gets in our way? With the
church supporting him, even the Prince couldn't do anything
easily.

Dycedarg: I've already prepared for that. There's no need to
worry.

Gafgarion: So that's that? The more I know, the worse you
appear.

Dycedarg: If that's how you feel, then you'd best watch your
tongue. Don't forget your head can be easily cut off.

Gafgarion: Hey, stop that. I'm your loyal servant. Remember
I'm not stubborn like your little brother.

Would that voice suit someone who willingly admits subservience at the first sound of trouble?

It kind of makes me angry at how far off the character the voice is. It may just be me missing the whole Gafgarion thing and im way off base. Wouldn't he sound better as an older man, with a slight english accent, and an arrogant tone?

Feel free to disagree, but in no way do I think a character such as Gafgarion should sound like that.

Heck he even gives Ramza multiple chances to rejoin him to avoid conflict. That voice actor makes him sound like all he wants to do is fight. In reality he just wants rank/money.

FFMaster

July 21, 2008, 06:08:10 am #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by FFMaster
Man that voice acting is amazing. I absolutely love Agrias! I would also agree with everyone saying that Gaffy's voice was too brutish and didn't suit his character very well. I see him as more of a cunning character that has no takes no chances rather than a barbarian.
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Xifanie

July 21, 2008, 08:04:46 am #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
I didn't think gaffy's voice would be this bad, it is extremely over exaggerated.
It's so fucking noticeable this guy is totally forcing his voice.

Agrias kinda remains me the soft voice of Valkyrie in VP. Oh shit, even when she's angry the voice is superb. :O

Ovelia's should be softer.

Only at 2:00, I'll edit later.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Argg0

July 21, 2008, 11:40:52 am #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Argg0
Sorry, this video is no longer avaible.

=(

Cyberblade

July 21, 2008, 11:44:16 am #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cyberblade
I burst out laughing when I heard Gaffy a day or two ago

LastingDawn

July 21, 2008, 12:00:30 pm #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Hmmm, no it's not Argg0, it still works, at least... over here it still does, had me worried there for a second...

But yes, Gafgarion's voice actor might need to change his voice for the next section he has time to prepare at least. Hopefully he can change it in time for Chapter 2.

Art of War

Argg0

July 21, 2008, 12:44:07 pm #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Argg0
Yeah, I tried it again and it worked.

Pretty nice job for them.

Dormin Jake

July 21, 2008, 03:00:10 pm #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dormin Jake
I'm not really adding much if I just say "Ditto to all the above," am I?  That is to say, Agrias was wonderfully voiced, garfgarog was ridiculous.

Also, Alazlam was amazing, and I really liked the voices of the extras, that female knight that bursts through the monastery door and Lezales.

Would watch more.
We are Dormin. Thou art to bring us a tasty beverage.
  • Discord username: dorminjake

Cheetah

July 21, 2008, 03:24:14 pm #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Where should we go to give them our feedback?
Current Projects:

LastingDawn

July 21, 2008, 03:48:08 pm #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Probably their video's  or FFTSTudio's page might be best but their site is...

http://voiceactingalliance.com/board/sh ... 46&page=10

Though they haven't updated in quite a time, odds are they are using some sort of chatting service to stay in touch, since as can be seen, all thir work is very, very, recent.

Art of War

FFT

July 31, 2008, 06:26:18 am #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by FFT
Quote from: "Cheetah"Where should we go to give them our feedback?

Late to the topic but you can also just post comments on the youtube video page.

I seen 2 of the VAs on the comments page responding to the comments.

About the VAs: Agreed with everyone, the voices were really good.

QuoteI think the Gafgarion voice was totally out of character. He sounds like a barbarian, and just pure muscle. It did not reflect his cunning at all. In my opinion Gafgarion should always be calm and have an arrogant tone to his voice.
Agreed.

LastingDawn

July 31, 2008, 08:18:05 am #19 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
I just think that Zalbag needs a change ,eiiher getting the boot or straightening up. Algus is excellent though, whiny sounding and a little bit... on the other side of the fence... as I always thought Algus was, anyhow.

Art of War