• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 06:34:24 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

A proposal of sorts.

Started by SilverTAG, June 23, 2010, 11:05:37 am

Jon

I suppose I must be honest here, this is hardly thorough enough, each one of those 5 sections would have in reality sub sections, in BYOND code they have an "If" proc which allows for easy but very long coding. Easy example in simple terms: A unit's HP falls to 0 and they die. Countdown starts random at either 2 or 3 turns to revive. 'If' not revived when 0 they crystalize or chestify (2 more branches to code here). If they are revived, random 1-20 HP is recovered(thats actually easy to code). Difficult example in simple terms: Unit casts Fire on enemy. Charge time code (which is a hellva lot). Again 'if' unit has absorb fire, heal HP. 'If' unit is half damaged by fire, another code string for half damage rounded up(all very long and annoying). If if if if if if. A million or more ifs in FFT's case. You know what is easy to code though believe it or not are Legend of Zelda type adventure games, I could whip one up in about half a year. Too bad I don't have the time.

Edit: Is it even possible to post something like that? I have a file I was working on with FFTA graphics with FF9 music. I forgot about this and it is actually nicely coded, I have about a whole castle with like 7 rooms or something. All FFTA graphics including the map rooms, courtyard, ect. I think some people on here would appreciate it. I think at the time I was trying to make an adventure game with these graphics, but got interrupted by life. Can I post for example Winrars?
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Archael

Jon

Good idea, but I am too lazy to make a youtube account, and I doubt it would upload with my whack internet. I can post screen shots however. Fair enough? But not here, maybe under sprites or something. I have it that the main character is a custom Dragoon I made, and he can walk around freely like in any video game, not though like in FFT / A where you need to select him and order him to move to a tile. I was last working on a few NPCs it seems, but never completed all of them. Shame...
I'll post it at some point, I can PM you some shots if thats okay with you Arch.

ffta707

Sounds cool Jon.

Something tells me Silver isn't going to answer this post.

To add to Jon's post, look and see how long it takes just to create a full scale patch for FFT. Not only will you have to write the engine, create fps, and do whatever coders do, but you also have to write story lines, create maps...

Two words to sum this topic up:

Pipe...Dream...

Jon

Its up and downloadable under Spriting btw. Yeah you said it ffta707, and what I did was like about 1 weeks work, not even close to done. Making a game through the tools available on here does make it possible, but its still a long hard process of creating Jobs, events, battles, ect ect. I think Silver went away...

Now lets reflect upon this and let this thread fade in silence. I shouldn't have necroed this thing to begin with...