• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 07:57:43 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Some questions only.

Started by Shade, August 15, 2010, 03:58:10 am

Shade

How do I set starting generics to level 99?(Also I hear that ramza has to be done some weird shit make his higher stats right)

How do change music?

Can I change some weapons to accessories or any other item types?

Can I make event that unlocks other event like during final bosses?
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

Pride

1. You have to edit there pre-raw stats found at the bottom on the first post of Razele's thread. It affects Ramza's starting level and the units that are recruited. I'm not certain if the units will have level one stats but ramza most certainly will have level one stats.

2. You are able to change the game music through that Attack.OUT editor. There's a tab that lets you change it.

3. You are able to switch weapons to other WEAPON types but that is all through the patcher. There is a lot of limitations to this though. Such as not all weapons can become other weapon types. Or all body slots are hardcoded to that slot. Like a Helmet cannot become a Robe or vise versa. They have to stay on the body slot. I believe accessories can become other accessories but I'm not certain. You maybe able to change this through hex editting, but again, I'm not certain.

4. I'm not sure what you are asking.
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Shade

Like what I mean is if I would beat Elidips or whoever the fuck is could I make his defeat unlock other event that stops the other events that are suppose to be normally, so changing storyline even.

So it would be like before you go defeat elidips all the stuff is normal in final battles go normally nothing changed, but then I would have defeated elidips I unlock event when altima one is suppose turn to ugraded version of him, instead he would die and more cutscenes would come after it.

Also need to know how to change ramzas stats
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

Pride

I'm not experienced enough to tell you how to do that, or if its even possible via Event Editing.

And for Ramza, taking from Razele's thread.

[Pre-Raw Stat]
Ramza
SCUS_942.21
Gender             : 0x4A8A4 value 0x80 Male (0x80 = Male, 0x40 = Female, 0x20 = Monster)
Brave & Faith      : 0x4A914 value 0x46
Level              : 0x4A98C value 0x01 [Affect new recruit level at Soldier Office]
Min Pre-RawHP      : 0x4F124 value 0x1E
Min Pre-RawMP      : 0x4F125 value 0x0F
Min Pre-RawSp      : 0x4F126 value 0x06
Min Pre-RawPA      : 0x4F127 value 0x05
Min Pre-RawMA      : 0x4F128 value 0x05
Head               : 0x4F129 value 0x9D Leather Hat
Armor              : 0x4F12A value 0xBA Clothes
Accessory          : 0x4F12B value 0xD0 Battle Boots
Weapon             : 0x4F12C value 0x13 Broad Sword
Shield             : 0x4F12E value 0xFF <Nothing>

Ok, so his RawPA is 96662 at level 10. You can calculate pre-rawstat with this formula :

Pre-RawStat = [RawStat / 16384]

His pre-RawPA at level 10 = 96662 / 16384 = 5.8997802734375
Well, now this lead to problem, since we can only enter integer value, it's 5 or 6 not 5.899
Let's see,
5 will lead his rawPA to 5*16384 = 81920
6 will lead his rawPA to 6*16384 = 98304

Since his normal rawPA at level 10 is 96662,
if we enter his pre-rawPA as 5, he will receive 96662 - 81920 = 14742 rawPA nerf.
if we enter his pre-rawPA as 6, he will receive 96662 - 98304 = 1642 rawPA bonus.

Ramza will get 1638 rawPA growth everytime he levels up, so 6 as pre-rawPA is the right value,
since 5 as his pre-rawPA will cause a huge rawPA nerf.

Shade

well damm cause I suck at ASM( I have NO IDEA how it works)

I quess I will need some help.
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

Pride

Is not a asm, you just need a hex editor, stat calculator, and a regular calculator to do it.

Shade

I suck also at hex. but what is stat calculator?
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

Pride

There's a calculator somewhere on the forums that allows you to do figure out the raw stat of a unit more easily then doing it by hand. You can try searching for or just doing it by hand.