• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:54:32 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Games that you despise, and some people love it.

Started by Shade, July 17, 2009, 09:52:16 am

Shade

July 17, 2009, 09:52:16 am Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Shade
I think I posted this in wrong place. If I did can you put this Topic in spam section.

Purpose of this topic is just post game that you hate and and some people say it's a great game.

Games that I despise, but are still over rated somehow:

Final Fantasy XII(for bring not a true Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy XI(For being online game instead the RPG that we wanted(and also for being created just for money so Square-Enix can get money))
Final Fantasy X-2(Only good part of this game is that Logos and Paine are fucking badasses!)
Final Fantasy VIII(Go watch in spoony experiment a review of it and you know what I mean)
Sonic Heroes(for being one of THE MOST WORST SONIC GAMES EVER MADE!)
WOW(For being just stupid game that is just to make money for blizzhard(or how ever you pronounce it))
Call Of Duty 4(for giving as new genneration of noobs and to be very fucking overrated)
Every fucking Guitar Hero game or some same shit as that(for being harder playing a guitar).
Halo series(WAAAAYYYYY TOOO DAAAAMMMM BOOOORIIIINNNNGGG!!!)
Gears Of War(WTF IS UP WITH STUPIDEST CONTROLS EVER!)
Two newest Crash Bandicoot games.(They are just bad compared to old ones)
Runescape(You knew it was coming din't you?)
DragonFable(From great beta game and then turning to shit.
Mechquest(Why the hell everything cost so much(and being even worse then DragonFable))
AQ Worlds(Oh God, It's even worse then Runescape, so Its pretty fucking bad)

That's over from my part for now
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

PX_Timefordeath

July 17, 2009, 10:34:12 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by PX_Timefordeath
You forgot Maplestory(Hit z... Hit ZZZZzzzzzzzzzz..............)

Aquilae

July 17, 2009, 10:40:13 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Aquilae
Heheh, the EXP curve in Maplestory is gay to say the least.

Used to play it but quit around 50, 10 hours to level up definitely isn't fun.
:gay:

LastingDawn

July 17, 2009, 10:51:11 am #3 Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 10:57:57 am by LastingDawn
Quote from: "Shade"I think I posted this in wrong place. If I did can you put this Topic in spam section.

Purpose of this topic is just post game that you hate and and some people say it's a great game.

Final Fantasy XI(For being online game instead the RPG that we wanted(and also for being created just for money so Square-Enix can get money))
Final Fantasy X-2(Only good part of this game is that Logos and Paine are fucking badasses!)
Final Fantasy VIII(Go watch in spoony experiment a review of it and you know what I mean)
WOW(For being just stupid game that is just to make money for blizzhard(or how ever you pronounce it))
Call Of Duty 4(for giving as new genneration of noobs and to be very fucking overrated)
Every fucking Guitar Hero game or some same shit as that(for being harder playing a guitar).
Mechquest(Why the hell everything cost so much(and being even worse then DragonFable))
AQ Worlds(Oh St. Ajora, It's even worse then Runescape, so Its pretty fucking bad)

Matsuno Fanboy Rage...

So... because you don't like, that makes it "over rated" huh? What kind of logic is that? Also if you hadn't noticed Spoony is merely doing a satire of the game, he even says this on the First episode, to him the series didn't start doing poorly until FFX.

Oh, and I am sorry that you openly mock Matsuno's vision for FFXII, there was a reason he was brought in to be the head director of the game, because he makes unique and grand stories, with (dare I say....) Innovation?! If you can't respect a game that gets rid of most tedium and call it "over rated" and "not a true Final Fantasy" you would be right, Matsuno had a sweeping vision that only partially was carried out, levels weren't so important as the skills one had. That's how a game should be made! Yet so many people forget this...

I am sad to see that you can't respect Matsuno's final Ivalice masterpiece...
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Xifanie

July 17, 2009, 10:55:49 am #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Guitar Hero so much; it's also one of the reasons the Guitar Zero South Park episode is one of my favorites.
Any MMORPG for taking more time to train in a fucking game than irl. THIS IS RETARDED.
FFTA. No, I'm not comparing it to FFT; it just sucks.
FFVII. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAIg5FYNqtg&fmt=22
FFVIII. Orphans, time compression, GF, 'nough said.
FFX-2. I played the game through expecting some storyline; I was strongly deceived.

EDIT: About LD's comment, who the fuck cares if it looks like a older FF or not, FFT isn't nearly the same thing as other FFs and it's still one.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Kaijyuu

July 17, 2009, 11:01:25 am #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kaijyuu
Quote from: "Aquilae"Heheh, the EXP curve in Maplestory is gay to say the least.
You think that's bad? Several years ago (man must've been like, 8 years ago) I played Graal Online. It started out as a nifty Zelda-ripoff MMO. You leveled up by completing dungeons, finding "hearts", swords and tools.

Then they came out with a sequel type game. They added a more "traditional" leveling up system: The required exp for each level was double the last. At level 1 it was 1000. Level 7 32000. Ect.
Each kill netted you ~25-50 exp.

Yeah... worst curve ever devised.

Asmo X

July 17, 2009, 12:48:29 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
FF12 is the best normal FF precisely because it deviated from the (shitty) formula.

akwikone

July 17, 2009, 01:02:36 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by akwikone
So am I the only one who liked FFVIII?  Sure it wasn't the best game, but it's not that bad, is it?

beawulfx

July 17, 2009, 01:05:58 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by beawulfx
I like it only in a nostalgic sense. It was one of my first games ever so I still have those very fond memories of it. However, whenever I go back and try to play it I can't make it past the first disc because I really dislike a lot of it. Gameplay/character/storywise/etc.
My FFT 1.3030 videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 18EFFEA0AD
My FFT: Mercenaries videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 174F169EE5
My FFV Random Class Challenge videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... C9F3BD69BF

Mental_Gear

July 17, 2009, 01:37:26 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Mental_Gear
I think that FF7 is over-hyped, not over-rated.

If you want me to talk about over-rated, let's talk about Kingdom Hearts. Oh, I can talk ALL DAY about Crapdom Hearts.

Shade

July 17, 2009, 01:57:44 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Shade
Quote from: "LastingDawn"
Quote from: "Shade"I think I posted this in wrong place. If I did can you put this Topic in spam section.

AQ Worlds(Oh St. Ajora, It's even worse then Runescape, so Its pretty fucking bad)

Matsuno Fanboy Rage...

So... because you don't like, that makes it "over rated" huh? What kind of logic is that? Also if you hadn't noticed Spoony is merely doing a satire of the game, he even says this on the First episode, to him the series didn't start doing poorly until FFX.

Oh, and I am sorry that you openly mock Matsuno's vision for FFXII, there was a reason he was brought in to be the head director of the game, because he makes unique and grand stories, with (dare I say....) Innovation?! If you can't respect a game that gets rid of most tedium and call it "over rated" and "not a true Final Fantasy" you would be right, Matsuno had a sweeping vision that only partially was carried out, levels weren't so important as the skills one had. That's how a game should be made! Yet so many people forget this...

I am sad to see that you can't respect Matsuno's final Ivalice masterpiece...
It's not the levels in FFXII noooooo.... It's the fact that you need 100000 for one piece of a equiment in later game and they still give from every monster like 50-300 money per loot Item. It takes half hour just get one of these equiment. and I need buy them for hole party. I just skipped shop before just like hour ago in that game so I can give my guys a decent equiment. the fact if you level up enemies will raise a levels. So it's even harder get money from easier opponents, because now they are HARDER.

Then about FFVIII. It's silly. they had the balls to make story boring, junction system is one of the worst systems ever made. And fucking minigames, badly designed characters, after this said how in the name of god it has gotten on almost every sites that review's a game top 10 psx games?

I mean I can say thse games are overrated. I mean Final fantasy XII has gotten perfect score, whitch would mean it's perfect RPG whitch it's not!

Well Maplestory is on my opinion ok for the point ultil you get on second thingy at level 20? Or something, then it turns to shit.

Final Fantasy just has very retarted story if you think about it. I mean you chace this guy over half of the game without actually finding him(FAIL!). Ultil you get to the crater in start of CD 2.

Kingdom hearts is actually decent game. there is some flaws in it. Like camera, blinking eyes that don't look natural, fricking diffuculty spikes that are insane in extreme, riku is one of stupidest kids everseen(I mean come on! if someone unknown person woulda offered him a candy for coming in dark alley. You can guess what would happen.), over cast of disney characthers, and half of the magic and summons being almost useless(unlike KH2). that's  the wrong went thing, but there is alot of great things.
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

Xifanie

July 17, 2009, 02:13:36 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Hey whoa, FFVIII has the best card game by far.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Shade

July 17, 2009, 02:16:57 pm #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Shade
Oh yeah it's great expect the fact AI is very cheap.
That's why I played on internet againts anothers.
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

beawulfx

July 17, 2009, 02:42:07 pm #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by beawulfx
Triple Triad is the shit though for sure. When I most recently tried to play through it I spent most of my time just playing cards again. Way more fun than the actual game :P
My FFT 1.3030 videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 18EFFEA0AD
My FFT: Mercenaries videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 174F169EE5
My FFV Random Class Challenge videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... C9F3BD69BF

DarthPaul

July 17, 2009, 05:12:41 pm #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Shadow of the Colossus: Let's make a video game where you go from one boos to the other. Wouldn't be so bad if the difficulty didn't bounce around like a flubber sample. Also with a backdrop like that give me a bandit to kill everyonce in a while or I'm just gonna get bored before getting to the next boss.

Soul Calibur: Ok so it's a 3D fighting game but all the characters except for 2 can hit you even when you sidestep? WTF.

Red Faction: No big story, only innovation is the ability to break shit. I can do that in real life.

SOCOM: "Uhh guys stay low so we don't get spotted." Then one of the computers stands up in front of an enemy. Cover blown.

Also I like FFVIII very much though it might just be nostalgia talking.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

philsov

July 17, 2009, 05:51:23 pm #15 Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 11:24:11 am by philsov
Quote from: "akwikone"So am I the only one who liked FFVIII?  Sure it wasn't the best game, but it's not that bad, is it?

The only game worse than FF8 in the grand rankings is.... FF2j.  Everything else, including X2, is/was better.  Maybe not FF11, but I consider x2 more of a FF than 11, so.... *whistle*

As for me:

Earthbound.  It's dragon warrior 2 with SNES graphics and postmodern themes.  Whoopie.  It still sucks.

Breath of Fire 3.  Required too much grinding for me to actually enjoy the game.  Aside:  Dragon Quarter is sooooo damn awesome I want to mate it with FFT for cute little babies.

Legend of Legaia - The magic system was somewhat cool, but the up/left/right/down fighting system's appeal wore off VERY quickly.

Xenogears -- Repetive gameplay > Jesus the bunny on a cross for the -LAMBS-

Most RTS games -- I'm too much of a turn-based man.  Quick decision and time management skills aside, I've just never crested past the hotkey and quick command functions so I spend half the time that my base is getting raided figuring out how to deploy the defenses in the first place.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Archael

July 17, 2009, 07:03:14 pm #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
fuck you philsuave

gyigas rockz

Mental_Gear

July 17, 2009, 07:03:19 pm #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Mental_Gear
Dartpaul, I love the sc series but 4 made me weep.

I loved Shadow of the Colossus while it lasted. First kill was so bittersweet. I nearly cried.

Mental_Gear

July 17, 2009, 07:07:26 pm #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Mental_Gear
oh and Shale, is KH2 much better than 1? I particularly find combat dull and backtracking a pain.

Kaijyuu

July 17, 2009, 07:36:25 pm #19 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kaijyuu
I love Earthbound, but I'm not going to defend its boring battle system. It's the worst "mash A until things die" game I've ever played. Even it's predecessor for the NES was better.

And am I the only one who thought the junction/guardian force system was FF8's saving grace? I hated drawing out magic, the story, the characters, ect, but I really kinda liked the junctioning thing.

Anywho, I can't think of many truly "overrated" games. Most are popular for a reason.
The worst offender of being overrated, I think, would be the Sims. It's a virtual dollhouse.