• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 09:44:18 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

The Grassy Knoll of Fort Zeakden

Started by philsov, December 03, 2010, 05:43:58 pm

philsov

Disturbing new evidence.  Algus was framed!

Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Eternal

December 03, 2010, 05:46:25 pm #1 Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 05:47:15 pm by Eternal248
But there's no manhole cover there for anyone to hide in!

EDIT: However... it could be a plot by the church to convince Delita to join them, seeing his potential. I always liked the thought of the Church being behind things in Chapter 1.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

GeneralStrife

Quote from: "Eternal248"But there's no manhole cover there for anyone to hide in!

EDIT: However... it could be a plot by the church to convince Delita to join them, seeing his potential. I always liked the thought of the Church being behind things in Chapter 1.
wow you never know

Samuraiblackbelt

*brainstorms ideas for a patch revolving around the fact that it wasn't Algus*
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."

StarScythe

With the Durai Papers not only released, but proved to be true, and the church's secret libraries now forced open to the public, a new manuscript comes into the spotlight, raining truth upon a much hated villain. History under King Delita's rule had one Algus Sadalfus portrayed as a snobbish noble, and the Durai Papers seemed to agree. But the new manuscript, a journal of Algus himself, tells a different story, one of confusion, regret, and redemption.

Algus Sadalfus, a cadet in the Limberry Knight's Academy, was born to a noble name that had lost it's honor. This new journal details the young man's struggle to even gain entrance to the academy, and his persecution while training there. While sharing the normal views of the upper class of his time, it seems  both Delita and Ramza exaggerate the young Algus' prejudice, though it was definitely there.

After the fight with Ramza and Delita, Algus cools down and returns to Lionel Castle to beg forgiveness and try to make amends, finding that the relationship between Ramza and Delita, noble and common born, to confuse him and give him hope for a brighter future. Their deep friendship should not have even been possible, at least that is what Algus had been led to believe his entire life, and if Ramza could do the impossible, then maybe he, Algus Sadalfuls, could regain the honor his family had lost.

But his once comrades had already left on their ill-conceived rescue attempt. Algus begged an audience with Zalbag Beoulve, and was granted the honor of accompanying him in the attack on Fort Zeakden, hoping to be re-united with his friends there. Though granted his wish, he would find that the meeting was not what he had hoped...

Ordered by his superiors to kill Teta, the sister of Delita, Aglus found that he could not obey. How could he slay the sister of one of his only friends? An innocent girl, common though she was? Unable to fire the bolt, the shot was taken by another. Both sickened and relieved, the confused Algus is assualted and blamed for what was not his doing. How could these, his friends, believe him capable of such an atrocity against them?! Forced to defend himself, he found he could not kill his friends, and allowed them to win. Confusion, rage, hurt, shame, and sorrow engulfed him as he lay bleeding near Fort Zeakden when it exploded.

The journal does not tell us how he survived, only a cryptic not that "Teta saved me." Algus, finally able to come to terms with recent events, and his feelings, decides that the best way to regain his families, and his own, lost honor was to continue to serve the Hokuten as best he could. The journal details his rise in rank, and his uncovering a plot by the church to kill Duke Larg and Lord Dycedarg. A thrilling tale for all, with many heartfelt lessons to be learnt.

Samuraiblackbelt

you write the script/descriptions/ect. I'll finish learning how to event edit and such and we can make ourselves a patch ^_^
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."

Zuka

I just wanted to say, this might be the funniest (if not it's in the top 3) tactics image I have ever seen.

Zuka

@pickle ROFLMAO lol, and any other appropriate acronyms. That was like the frigging A team for fanatic muslims!