• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:12:51 am

Battle Event Editing

Started by DarthFutuza, March 18, 2019, 12:23:24 pm

DarthFutuza

Quote from: Nyzer on November 22, 2019, 01:04:54 pm
1) SET is only available with the upgrade, but other commands such as ZERO and ADD are just available normally.

Ah perfect, thanks Nyzer, I guess I missed all those logic commands.  I can just use traditional register style AND/ORS then to edit it.  Well then the set one is just extra fancy stuff that's not really needed.   :)
  • Modding version: PSX

Nyzer

Check out the event commands at http://ffhacktics.com/wiki/Event_Instructions - it shows which ones are upgrades and which aren't.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

DarthFutuza

November 26, 2019, 03:00:15 am #22 Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 06:28:15 pm by DarthFutuza
So I figured out 2) myself, I think I'll make a tutorial when I have some time since there isn't a pre-existing one that I know about.  It turns out it's easy pezy. 

DarthFutuza

Hello. So I got another two questions, that I'm sure is easy for you guys, but I can't seem to find the information I'm looking for.  How do you load a specific map for a new event/scenario?

Say I wanted to do something like: player arrives at location (say Warjilis) and certain variable is set to 1, load an event, but load it at a location other than Warjilis?  eg: Load the event at Nelveska Temple. 

Eg something like:
0100 B000 0100 1900 EC01 0200
//if var == 1, load 0x1EC, fadein
How would I add the right map to the cmd?  Or should I just do that right at the beginning of the event being loaded with:
ChangeMap(070,x00)
Reveal(060)
//rest of planned event

My second question, is how to add the Join After Event prompt to an event?  (I know I can do it with premade events that are listed in the ENTD tab of the FFTPatcher, but what about for new events?)

Nyzer

Attack.OUT editing.

You choose the map and the ENTD for the event with it.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Xifanie

You should only ever use ChangeMap() if you don't need to change the ATTACK.OUT data (such as the ENTD or songs) and you can essentially squeeze what would normally be 2+ events into one. Otherwise, just the plain old ATTACK.OUT editor to change the loaded map.

What you described is really a non-issue because there is no coding or anything that associates a map to a particular world map location. It's all editable in the ATTACK.OUT editor.

Quote from: DarthFutuza on November 22, 2019, 12:31:10 pm3) Is there any information available on using rumors to trigger events/changing what rumors show up in the bar/adding new rumors that when listened to, set/modify variables?  (Sorta like how the vanilla game did it with the Beowulf/Cloud/Reis sidequest)?  I imagine that's probably pretty similar to the previous question, of setting the variable to change which rumors show up, along with a little extra something somewhere to tell the game to check if the player bothered reading the rumor.
I think @RavenOfRazgriz was the one who figured that out? I just remember it's not nearly as simple as it seems... not sure if it's been documented.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

DarthFutuza

March 08, 2020, 12:52:07 am #26 Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 01:09:41 am by DarthFutuza
Hmmm, okay.  I think I figured out what I was doing wrong.  I was trying to find a matching scenario for 491-499 for the events, but it only goes up to 01EA(490 - Bethla Garrison Sluice Hint) in the editor.  I suppose I have to reuse a previously existing scenario then?  Is there anyway to create new Attack.out data/scenarios for unused events like 0195 or 0491?  (I'm trying to add content to the original game, without breaking it as much as possible.)

This is a small event so I could probably just use ChangeMap() if there's no other options.

DarthFutuza

So after reading more posts on the forums and doing more searches it looks like there's no way to add new events given that the scenario list is full and the unused ones are apparently unusable (at least without doing some very drastic assembly hacking which is probably not worth the work to me) :(  I can however, replace the tutorial events so there's at least some room to work with since that won't affect the main game itself.  Guess I'll try that first. :)

3lric

Quote from: DarthFutuza on March 10, 2020, 02:19:24 amSo after reading more posts on the forums and doing more searches it looks like there's no way to add new events given that the scenario list is full and the unused ones are apparently unusable (at least without doing some very drastic assembly hacking which is probably not worth the work to me) :(  I can however, replace the tutorial events so there's at least some room to work with since that won't affect the main game itself.  Guess I'll try that first. :)

You cant use the tutorial events. Those slots are not useable as we previously thought... You can use TLW, is has a lot of free event slots.

DarthFutuza

Quote from: Elric on March 10, 2020, 06:26:50 amYou cant use the tutorial events. Those slots are not useable as we previously thought... You can use TLW, is has a lot of free event slots.
Aww darn.  Well I guess that works, how did you guys manage to free additional event slots while also adding more?

Xifanie

Quote from: DarthFutuza on April 21, 2020, 10:42:53 amAww darn.  Well I guess that works, how did you guys manage to free additional event slots while also adding more?
Vanilla uses 'setup' events that have no use other than padding in a way that helps avoid otherwise avoidable bugs.
So regular, non-battle events in vanilla always use 2 slots, but they really only need one.

The only issue we encountered was special portraits not rendering properly unless there was an event between a hard save and the event with the special portrait. Or something. Anyway that means 1 event slot freed for every scenario in the game. All the events had to be reorganized, and it took a lot of time and effort.

Gotta thank @Elric for that 💜
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful