• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 06:10:09 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

AI ignores Death Sentenced enemies... fix?

Started by R999, February 26, 2010, 10:18:15 pm

R999

February 26, 2010, 10:18:15 pm Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 04:57:18 pm by R999
I see that the AI is sometimes really really stupid about Death Sentenced enemies. I have tested that if I death sentence my whole team, and they have Angel Rings equipped (which cancels KO), the enemies just walk towards the opposite end of the map and waiting/buffing. Worst, when they have a chance to kill two targets, they will always go after the one with no DS, even if the one without DS is standing directly next to them and in low HP. I am hoping for an easy fix for this.

edit: thanks for the thread. I'll keep an close eye on it.

edit: After further testing, I can confirm that the AI does indeed ignore DS'ed enemies. They will only attack them with AoE spells that hit non-DS'ed targets along with DS'ed targets. For Confused/Charm, those are breakable easily (and they do break it, albeit lower priority) and from what I have tested, they will kill the target in one hit if they have the chance. DS'ed seriously fucks up the AI. I think all the Items that Cancel KO should also cancel Death Sentence altogether, so the player can't abuse DS'ing the whole team and get neglected by the AI completely. Though granted DS is a slightly more rare status.

formerdeathcorps

Units that are death sentenced will not be targeted by the AI.  Same goes with confused units (unless the AI is going to KO the last unit) and charmed units (which is why in the tournament fights, you see a lot of 4v1 endings with a bulky charmed unit that doesn't die until the enemy squad is fully buffed).

EDIT:
As for why this is, there may be a simple status behavior flag in FFTPatcher, but I highly suspect it's more complicated than that.  We are conducting investigations on viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3092&start=40.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.