• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 05:23:08 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Ability with 2 or more elements checked [resolved]

Started by R999, February 22, 2010, 07:40:21 pm

R999

What happens to an ability with more than one element checked? Specifically, what happens to targets with Weak, Absorb, Cancel, on one, both, or neither of the two elements?

So for example, if Holy and Fire are both checked. Will a target weak to both Holy and Fire get receive even higher damage than being only weak to one of the two elements? What happens to the Absorption? What if target is weak to Holy, be absorbs Fire?

Jumza

Im pretty sure it will be stronger but ill have to check up on that later, but if it absorbs one it will absorb it.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

VampragonLord

i'd check the BMG for conformation, but I believe there would simply be a broader range to HIT the weak absorb cancel etc flags. I'm not 100% on this but i think when it checks absorb/weak/cancel/etc. it checks the elements, that it would be hit with and just Y/N's it.

So with the holy/fire skill you provided
Examplemon (a horribly mutated goblin, from the land of unoriginality)
Weak:Fire Y(deal bonus damage as a multiplier)
Cancel:Holy (All damage dealt is 0)
Absorb:None

0 x weak to element boost = 0
With Weak + absorb I think they would absorb MORE then what would be dealt (because just about everything in fft is a multiplier, so absorb makes it negative, and weak "amplifies" it)
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

SilvasRuin

I believe I read somewhere that resistances and weaknesses won't stack.  That is to say if an ability has two elements and enemy is weak to, it will only do double damage, not quadruple.  I have no idea what happens when you have two weaknesses and one resistance or visa versa.  As far as I can tell, Cancel overrides everything else and Absorb switches any damage into healing, regardless of other modifiers.  The modifiers *should* work the same even with absorb, as vampragonlord mentioned.

Skip Sandwich

Absorb + Absorb = absorb 100% of damage, just like normal
Absorb + Immune = take no damage, absorb 0 health
Absorb + Half = take half damage, but absorb it as health
Absorb + Normal = absorb 100% of damage
Absorb + Weak = take double damage, but absorb it as health (The3rdOracle's AI tourney team uses this trick for massive healing via flame shield, water ball and magic rings)

Immune + Immune = take no damage from attack
Immune + Half = take no damage from attack
Immune + Normal = take no damage from attack
Immune + Weak = take no damage from attack

Half + Half = take half damage from attack
Half + Normal = take half damage from attack
Half + Weak = take normal damage from attack
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

R999

Awesome list. But there's just one more,  Weak+Weak. I suppose it'll just take normal Weak damage assuming the logic works like the others.