• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 12:07:49 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Weapon image glitch?

Started by Clementine, February 21, 2010, 02:21:26 pm

Clementine

Alright, I feel like an epic failure for this, buuuut... I modded a patch so that flails were gone, and replaced with rapiers. I switched the "flail" category under the weapon type dropdown menu to "knight sword", and changed knight swords to regular swords.

Here's a screencap of what happens when my characters attack with a rapier.

It stays the same even if I change everything back to its original category. I have no idea what's wrong, I've tried fixing everything D: I've never messed around with weapons before, aside from changing power and adding statuses/abilities to them.

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/426/patcher.jpg

^ There's a link to what everything looks like in the patcher screen. I have no idea what's wrong. Help?

Cheetah

So you changed what the weapons looked like in the graphics file? We likely your problem is that you didn't change the animations associated with those weapons. That is my guess, I'm not completely sure of what you did.
Current Projects:

Clementine

Well, I noticed that I had a wrong box checked off... but that wasn't what was causing the problem. So, how would I change the animations associated with the weapons? I've never really messed around with them too much.

Cheetah

Well to be honest no one really has. Either Vanya or I have some information on it in some thread in the hacking section, it will require some hex editing.
Current Projects:

SilvasRuin

I've seen someone run into this problem before, but I don't recall where it was posted or how they ultimately fixed the problem...  Try running a search of the forum for similar issues?