• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 11:20:41 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

PSP - Possible to add new Characters/Sprites?

Started by Tukunz, February 21, 2010, 06:43:26 am

Tukunz

Hi, I'm kind of new here, as you can see with this being my first post.
Sorry if this was posted somewhere before... I fail at searching things I want. :(
Is it possible to add new sprites? I want to make a new character being a Sky Pirate, and I want to add the Vincent Valentine Sprite from the site.
I understand switching the sheets, I've done so with some of the sprites, but when I made my Archer into a Sky Pirate using LionEditor, the Sprites were different, and I had to replace some
sprites for him to appear as Vincent Valentine. I wanted to know if it's possible to make a new character.
And when I switched the sprites of an Archer to Vincent Valentine, the enemy Archers appear all in Black. Same with other enemies.

SilvasRuin

No, you cannot create anything.  You can only replace.  Creating would require a LOT of empty space in the programming and a LOT more knowledge about how it all works than we have.

Tukunz

Ahh.. thanks for the quick reply. Hmm... guess I'll just turn Mustadio into Vincent Valentine xD.
What about the Enemies that appear in Black? Any solution on that?

SilvasRuin

I'm guessing it is because the Vincent sprite only has one palette and so the rest of them are completely black.  The rest of the palettes meaning all the colorations the enemies use...

Put Archer's sprite back and then replace Mustadio's with Vincent's and you shouldn't have a problem with that as only Mustadio uses Mustadio's sprite.

Tukunz

That makes sense. Thanks you're very helpful. Most of the sprites I replaced only have 1 palette (downloaded from here) so I guess I'll live with it. Shouldn't be fussy since I'm using the sprites people worked hard on.