• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:22:28 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Final Fantasy Tactics: Alternate Map Pack

Started by ArmoredKori, March 03, 2021, 12:43:40 pm

ArmoredKori

May 15, 2021, 02:44:01 am #20 Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 12:37:28 pm by ArmoredKori
Milestone Achieved

All Chapter 3 map edits have been released!

Be warned there is currently an issue with the Riovanes Gate map where when the event at the end plays the geometry breaks. Nothing game breaking, but I am aware of the issue

Please playtest them and let me know if you're streaming them. Onto Chapter 4 after this, which is almost as many maps as what I've already done... Almost there
  • Modding version: PSX
I make FFT maps!
twitch.tv/armoredkori
  • Discord username: ArmoredKori

ArmoredKori

Had a lovely co-stream with Caazan (Twitch Channel) and found some issues with the Chapter 3 maps.

Attached is a .zip file with the fixed maps. I'll update the main post files at a later time. The current ones all are playable, just have some graphics errors here and there.

Here's a glimpse into our Chapter 4 progress:
Finath-River" border="0
I make FFT maps!
twitch.tv/armoredkori

ArmoredKori

I've finalized the playable first pass versions of all Chapter 4 maps through Underground Cemetary. We're over the halfway point for Chapter 4 and so close to having every story map have a playable alternate version!

Here's a preview of Underground Cemetary:
Underground-Limberry" border="0
I make FFT maps!
twitch.tv/armoredkori

ArmoredKori

Only two more maps left for the first pass of every story map in the game...

Here is a teaser:
Underground-Book-Storage-Fifth-Floor" border="0
I make FFT maps!
twitch.tv/armoredkori

ArmoredKori

Finished the Graveyard of Airships tonight! Gotta finalize testing and I'll release it. 1st pass of the alternate version of every FFT story map is done!!!
I make FFT maps!
twitch.tv/armoredkori

Nyzer

Oh, by the way, I made this grid image of your Thieves' Fort map for event planning.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Jumza

If only I had had this while making the custom event for the map pack! (But alas, I was too lazy)
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

ArmoredKori

The 1st Pass of an alternate version of all Story Maps in FFT has been completed

Please see original post for the .ppf and .zip of individual files.

The .ppf includes a special event created by Jumza. To see it visit the Thieves Fort during Chapter 2 or Chapter 3.

We've been testing and experimenting with the new GaneshaDX level editor and there will be plenty more custom maps after this.

I'll eventually come back and finish up the texturing and lighting on these, but that might be a while!

Thanks everyone for the support! It's been a wild ride.
I make FFT maps!
twitch.tv/armoredkori

Jumza

Hey all you Map Packers!

Here is a version of the PPF without any Attack.Out changes, and minimal FFTPatcher changes (just 1 edit to ENTD entry 110). This version of the map pack shouldn't have as many issues when patched on top of other mods, but it does not include the special event that I created for the pack!

This version, for example, is more compatible with TLW because it does not include some of the other changes. The only issues that may arise should not be game breaking. (Teta may be missing at Zeakden, there is one tile that you can place a unit on for the Sand Rats fight that will make them not spawn)
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

ArmoredKori

Thanks so much Jumza! I've added it to the main post as well!
I make FFT maps!
twitch.tv/armoredkori

CONMAN

Hadn't checked in for a while- this is awesome work!  Watched some of you videos on twitch last night Kori.  Looks so promising!

nitwit

January 26, 2022, 02:16:04 am #31 Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 07:03:46 pm by nitwit
I've been playing your map editing streams as background distractions while I work, and I really love what you're doing with the it all. The chocobo forest is coming along very nice, but if I may I think you could avoid the bark problem altogether with the ramps and areas off the trunk if you made them enormous green vines with giant leaves, or by slapping some moss on them. There may be moss on an existing FFT map, and if there isn't it's a pretty simple pattern compared to rough bark.

The vines could also allow you to make their placement more random, with a vine crossing one quarter of the map at an angle sloping up or down, and being cross-sectioned by the map limits. It would make it look like more of an arena than it currently does, and the lack of symmetry that vines allow you makes it look more natural.

The Salikawood, Golmore Jungle, or Eruyt Village in FF12 have good reference textures.

ArmoredKori

Greetings!

Attached is a new .ppf file that should no longer have any attachments to any parts outside of replacing maps.

What changed-
  • I created a new Orbonne Map that no longer has any impassable terrain to remove the need for the opening of Chapter 2 to require an edit for Gaf to spawn correctly
  • Cellar of the Sand Rat map was updated to no longer require an Attack.out edit for all units to spawned correctly
  • Though it is one of my fav edits, I've removed Slums in Dorter as it caused the Balthier event in TLW from running and soft locked the game

Please test and let me know if using this causes any issues! I'll add it to the original post in due time!
I make FFT maps!
twitch.tv/armoredkori

ArmoredKori

April 12, 2022, 02:46:41 pm #33 Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 11:23:26 pm by ArmoredKori
Greetings all!

I have begun the texture pass of my Alternate Map pack!

Barius-Valley-Texture-Pass" border="0
Lenalia-Plateau-Texture-Pass" border="0
Zirekile-Falls-Texture-Pass" border="0

Compared to-

Barius-Valley" border="0
Lenalia-Plateau" border="0
Zirekile-Falls" border="0

I still stream all my work: here!

I'll try to keep updating as more maps get reworked and hopefully we'll soon have all maps fully polished and call this one truly completed  :mrgreen:
I make FFT maps!
twitch.tv/armoredkori

Nyzer

Took the time to fix an animation bug in the Balthier event recently, and while I did, I also edited it to make it compatible with the Alternate Map Pack. The presentation of the event has also been somewhat cleaned up.

ArmoredKori

August 28, 2022, 04:35:28 pm #35 Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 10:57:25 am by ArmoredKori
Greetings all!

I finally got around to creating a ppf that contains the few 2nd passes I've done on some of the alternate maps! The .ppf is attached to this post and I've also added it to the original post.

With this and Nyzer's event, the alternate map pack should now be fully compatible with TLW 2.0 (I believe it will be natively compatible with 2.03 once that is released as it will contain Nyzer's event modifications)

Let me know if you find anything weird if you decide to try it!

Update: It looks like the previous ppf file was ruining the ability to complete battles in TLW. I have uploaded a new one that should fix this concern! Please redownload.
I make FFT maps!
twitch.tv/armoredkori

f8isrippin

I imagine one could use this in addition to other mods by simply patching the game a second time?
  • Discord username: F8#1312

Nyzer

Maybe, but not always. Depends on the mod and what it does, really.

Koleslaw

Hello, I am new to this forum and I would like to try out these maps because everything in vanilla fft is a bit boring for me so I want to check out these maps just how to start ? I know there is such a thing as pff matic because I have already passed Lion War but here are 5 file packs and I don't know where to start. Could i get here step by step what to do and 2 question if these maps will work on this addon or download vanille from scratch ? sorry for grammar i am writing with translator
  • Discord username: Koleslaw