• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:59:49 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Weapon Guard/Parry: A question and a request.

Started by PrometheusBR, September 10, 2023, 01:18:37 pm

PrometheusBR

Straight to the subject.

DOUBT:

How the game calculate Weapon Evasion on units with Weapon guard and two weapons?

Does it add both numbers?
Does it make separate tests for each of them?
Or does it only use the 1st slot weapon and ignores the 2nd?

REQUEST:

I'd like to request to the ASM hacking community some fixes to weapon guard in these two cases:

1) Create ASM Ack to fix Weapon Evasion of dual wielding weapons, only if the 3rd scenario above where the evasion of the 2nd weapons is not added in anyway whatsoever applies, so the W-EV of both weapons are added.
Ex: Character has equipped a Sword and a Dagger. W-EVs are 10 and 15 respectively. Final W-EV is 25.

2) Create ASM Hack with adjustable bonus to W-EV, when a single handed weapon is dual-handed (when using Two Hands/ Double Hands) with default at 100%.
Ex. Sword has W-Ev of 10. When dual handed value goes to 20. Or to 15 if modder decide to 50% bonus.

Thanks to anyone that replies, the entire FF Hacktics have my gratitude and respect. 
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: ZeroX

Orkney

Hi.

The two weapons evasion are used. The game set right hand evasion and left hand evasion. If a unit uses 2 weapons and weapon guard, the each weapon will have his evasion set in the hand holding the weapon.

After that each evasion data (Class, Right, Left and Accessory) is rolled separately against the attacker base hit%.

So, you "just" need a Hack to set 150% of W-Ev if the unit uses 2Hands.

PrometheusBR

Quote from: Orkney on September 13, 2023, 02:33:08 pmHi.

The two weapons evasion are used. The game set right hand evasion and left hand evasion. If a unit uses 2 weapons and weapon guard, the each weapon will have his evasion set in the hand holding the weapon.

After that each evasion data (Class, Right, Left and Accessory) is rolled separately against the attacker base hit%.

So, you "just" need a Hack to set 150% of W-Ev if the unit uses 2Hands.

Thx for the answer.

I don't "need", you can understand as a suggestion for the ASM Hacks collection. I think ASMs that let you pick values for the bonus% of W-Ev when using two swords or two hands would be a nice addition, specially because doublehanding is unbalanced in this matter with its sister skill.
  • Discord username: ZeroX