• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 07:22:34 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Specific color palettes

Started by Xifanie, February 18, 2010, 10:29:22 am

mav

Fair enough, Cheetah. How's this:
[attachment=0:22jer2n0]bardspreview.png[/attachment:22jer2n0]

mav

I figure it'll be faster if I create multiple palettes per day and have you give me feedback on all of them. Then I can just set a day aside to insert all of them and we can probably speed up the process a bit.

Here's the female Mediator. Input is welcome.
[attachment=0:3gw9un7k]fmediatorspreview.png[/attachment:3gw9un7k]
Don't forget to give input on the Bards too.

Lijj

These are all looking nice. You are the ultimate palette editor
  • Modding version: PSX

FFMaster

New Bard pants look a lot better. As for the mediator, I was confused when I first glanced at white. I thought it was a different colour palette because I saw the cape and crown first, and the white didn't stand out as much.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

mav

Quote from: "Lijj"These are all looking nice. You are the ultimate palette editor
Hah, thanks. If you want to, feel free to try your hand at making some palettes too; help is always welcome.
Quote from: "FFMaster"I thought it was a different colour palette because I saw the cape and crown first, and the white didn't stand out as much.
Good to know. I'll insert the Bards now and revise some of the Mediators when I get the time.

mav

Bard is about finished, I just wanted some feedback on one portrait. A lot of the yellow sprites require darker hair and skin; I did this for the yellow Bard sprite. I usually do this to the portrait too to match, but it isn't necessary with this particular portrait. Nonetheless I wanna know what you think. On the left is the tanner Bard in his yellow garb, and on the right is the standard Bard. Should I go ahead and apply these changes on the sprite sheet?
[attachment=0:1qgz3ahe]bardspreview.png[/attachment:1qgz3ahe]

FFMaster

I don't see anything wrong. Then again, I have a bad eye for the small details.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

mav

Hah, fair enough. Here are the files for the Bard. If anyone's in the mood, feel free to test them.

Cheetah

All the bard changes look great.

Female Mediator: The black looks too dark, but everything else looks good.
Current Projects:

mav

Alright, I'll try and revise the white and black palettes for the Mediator. For now, take a look at the male Time Mage (by the way, these same palettes will be applied to the female Time Mage, sans preview).
[attachment=0:2e83wopp]timemagepreview.png[/attachment:2e83wopp]

...freaking white palette.

mav

And the female Summoner. The male will basically share the palettes too.
[attachment=0:33h7hvtt]fsummonerspreview.png[/attachment:33h7hvtt]
I may need to darken the hair and skin tone on the yellow palette.

Xifanie

I don't see any problem with the F Summoner.
Maybe something more tealish of the White M Time Mage's hat?
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

mav

Teal hat instead of purple? Yeah, that can be done. Hopefully it won't clash with the secondary colors I've assigned to each palette.  I might need to change his collar color too. Something about it looks wrong. I also realized an issue with the female Summoner's portrait:

The horn color. I need to change the color of each horn to be the same as the robe color (albeit a different shade). Doing this will make the female Summoners easily identifiable by portrait and sprite alike.

Cheetah

I wonder if for the summoner  you could just make the portrait horn the color of the team even if it doesn't match the sprite.  I think the brown for the female summoner could be a bit browner, but maybe save that for the horn now haha.

Time mage looks fine, not great, but I don't have any specific comments.
Current Projects:

mav

Alright, I changed out the horn colors for all the female Summoners. It shouldn't look too terrible, but lemme hear your input. My goal for this week is to have the following sprites completed and inserted: female Mediator, male Time Mage, female Time Mage, male Summoner, female Summoner.
[attachment=0:eyv2gat0]fsummonerspreview.png[/attachment:eyv2gat0]

Cheetah

Female summoner = done. This looks so much better, maybe you should think about simplifying the palettes more often when there are lots of different colors. Obviously it doesn't make sense for the main game and the palette variety looks good, but for the purposes of this patch simpler is much much better.

Just for the sake of experimentation. What happens to the male time mage when you change the hat to match the color palette.
Current Projects:

Kaz

Summoners look awesome, my only concern is the last two rows - is it just me or do the horn colors look really similar? I guess its not a big deal if it looks different in the portraits.
to hell with you mustadio haters

mav

Good point, Kaz. I need to tweak the yellow one's horn a little bit. The difference between dark yellow and light brown is hard to decipher, for me, at least. And I'll look into changing up the Time Mage(s) a bit, Cheetah. After working on the Bard I've come to realize that variants of one color may be the easiest and safest route. We'll see. I have a feeling that after this is completed, tested, and implemented, I'll be refining quite a few palettes.

MiKeMiTchi

QuoteI'm very pleased you guys are still working on this.

I'm glad you guys are still working on this.
Hmmm... As for me, I think I've done 4 color palettes for the Male Chemist, but I don't think I could finish it soon....

@FFMaster
Test all sprites~!
(esp. the male mediator one with others)
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

mav

If you've got palettes, I'd love to see em, MiKe.

A couple quick things. Fixed the horn for the yellow female Summoner and wanted to showcase Zodiac's and Cheetah's suggestions, the teal hat and matching hat, respectively. I wanna see the female Mediator in-game before I start modifying it any further. I guess that means I should upload its bmp and spr soon then...
[attachment=0:19s6bpet]newpalettes.png[/attachment:19s6bpet]