• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

The quest for peace

Started by Kill_Bones, November 26, 2010, 11:25:26 am

Kill_Bones

I'm completely mindfucked right now. These past few weeks, this site has just fucking EXPLODED. First we have Jon and Arch at each others throats, over religion! OK, yeah Jon was being a christian extremist, so that can be explained. Then Dome gets minorbanned for posting uncensored sexual pictures. No biggie, it's like a week tempban. Then Jon gets minorbanned for claiming god > zodiac. Again no biggie, it's like 4 days. When Jon gets back, he roflsplodes at Zodiac and calls her an 'it'. Permabanned. Now Kokojo is thinking about leaving, and seemingly only because Arch asked where he was. So much drama on a fucking hacking site? Is there some sort of toxic chemical this site emmits that makes people so pissed off? This site always has disputes, and that's ok, we're not perfect. We just laugh it off and move on. But lately things have been getting substantially worse. Is there anyone else who notices this?

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....

VampragonLord

*checks calender* finals? thanksgiving? in all honesty it seems to have been fairly.... efficient at least. Debates are a GOOD thing (as long as they are done for the sake of knowledge, and for the betterment of everyone involved). Look at the parties involved and youll see EXACTLY why it happened. Voldemort (a fairly blunt aethiest) gets into a debate with someone who uses tautological "proofs", and takes the entire thing personally. *this same person takes the ban personally and yells at the site owner* >.> King of spam gets in trouble for spamming, obvious answer is obvious. kokojo i hadnt heard about but i really hpe we dont lose him
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

Wiz

QuoteIs there some sort of toxic chemical this site emits that makes people so pissed off?

Probably yes. So much about neurological science we as a species have yet to discover.

Controversy on site = Good (Like you said VampragonLord)
Too Much = KA-POW! EXPLODE! BANG!

That's why I'm hoping the tension w/ Kokopuffs in the 1.3 Forum (S4 Thread) doesn't get overcrowded where everybody there gets subjected to it (more dynamite thrown onto the pile). Spam and General are for these instances to talk about.

QuoteIs there anyone else who notices this?
Yes. And I bet plenty of others do.

Edit:
QuoteNow Kokojo is thinking about leaving, and seemingly only because Arch asked where he was.
Could be a or the only reason, but I also am chipping in saying it has to do with the fact that there's the lack of appreciation and activity going on in the community as a whole (primarily patches). He (Koko) should worry about his own patch and ideas versus others and the progress with theirs.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Asmo X

And for once, I'm involved in none of it!

Barren

I just hope that whatever is going on with Kokojo he'll be okay once the issue is resolved.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Kaijyuu

The reason I don't get involved much in any debate-like discussion here is because people here tend to be.... full of vitriol. I'll pop in and spout my silly opinion once in a while, but I rarely defend it if you guys don't agree.

Bitter criticism is fine for professional debates, but you guys would make the average high school kid on the debate team cry. That can be a complement if you want to take it that way. Still, I don't find this to be a friendly atmosphere for discussion.
  • Modding version: PSX

Kokojo

I was thinking of leaving since my IRC ban. Arch just made me receive a e-mail because he had commented on the S4 topic, thus making me respond.
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Lijj

KOKOJO don't go! If  you leave I'll be so broken.

Xifanie

Quote from: "Kokojo"I was thinking of leaving since my IRC ban. Arch just made me receive a e-mail because he had commented on the S4 topic, thus making me respond.
Did I ban you? I forgot.
Anyway, seems there were two bans on your name and lifted them both... try rejoining?
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

GeneralStrife

Quote from: "Zodiac"
Quote from: "Kokojo"I was thinking of leaving since my IRC ban. Arch just made me receive a e-mail because he had commented on the S4 topic, thus making me respond.
Did I ban you? I forgot.
Anyway, seems there were two bans on your name and lifted them both... try rejoining?
yay