• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:57:03 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

SOR-Item Suggestions

Started by SentinalBlade, April 07, 2009, 04:42:46 pm

SentinalBlade

April 07, 2009, 04:42:46 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
RAWR!

Alright, i need some suggestions, and a public opinion on what should be done to some of the remaining items.

For the most part, the vanilla items dont coincid with SoR's Originality

So, i will list each new weapon, in its type, and present to you the ones that i will be replacing/changing greatly.

All knives behave as crossbows for purposes of firing. they do WP *SP damage, and have a range of 4
Knife - 4 WP
Kunai - 7 WP
Witch Dagger - 10 WP, Inflict Frog
Flow of Grace - Water,  13 WP
The Deserted - Fire, 16 WP
Thunder Striker - Lightning, 18 WP

Catalysts are a second option for mages. They dissallow attacking, but you gain HP, MP, MA, or SP, to make up for it. It allows mages to get some extra attacks in, before resulting to whacking enemies with sticks.
They currently do not have a graphic, and appear as katanas.

Guard - +10 Hp, +5 MP, Strengthen earth, Absorb Earth, Weak Wind
Sheild - +30 HP
Targe - +10 HP, +10 MP, Protect(Perma)
Soul Flame - +30 HP, +10 MP, Strengthen Fire, +1 MA
Alacrity - +2 Speed
Boost - +50 HP, +25 MP, +1 Speed
Divining Rod - +20 HP, +20 MP Speed +1, + 1 Move, Strengthen + Absorb Holy, Half Water

Bandages replace cloth. Being Painbreaker only, you are allowed to heal with a physical attack, rather then harm.
Bandage - 7WP
Wrap - 10 WP
Gauze - WP 15

Axes
-----------
Tomahawk - 16 WP, 40 Evade

Knight Swords
----------------
Vampire Fang - 16 WP, Absorb HP.
Skull Razor -  22 WP, +1 Speed
Unavoidable - 18 WP, 100% hit rate

Guns
-----------------
Crimson Ruination - 18 WP(remeber, guins use WP * WP), Fire Element

To focus on a broad range right now; I need Poles, Spears, Rods, revamped into a new weapon type, or new weapons for old types. I would like more Dictionaries and Flails

Chaos blade is going ot be changed; feel free to spitball what might happen to it.

Skip Sandwich

April 07, 2009, 06:17:02 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
as far as ranged weapons go, i've been experimenting with the following dynamic myself, it seems to work pretty well, each of the weapon types has a compelling reason to choose it over the other options, defense for spears, damage for books, flexibility for bows, and consistency for guns/xbows.

[weapons appearing in order of relative strength, from highest to lowest]
Spears - Range 2, damage is PA * WP, may be wielded with one or two hands (its the only non range 1 weapon compatible with shield useage)

Books - Range 4, damage is MA * WP, forced two hands, chance to cast offensive spells on hit

Longbows - Range 6, damage is SP * WP, forced two hands, indirect fire, inflict negative status

Crossbows/Guns - Range 8, damage is WP * WP, forced two hands, unblockable
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

SentinalBlade

April 07, 2009, 09:53:20 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Crossbows should have more WP than a gun, i presume? to compensate for teh shorter range?

I like that idea for books. and spells fire often enough(its a 60% chance now rather than 25%).

Longbows inflicting statuses? what would you suggest?

Skip Sandwich

April 07, 2009, 10:23:57 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
actually, in this system, guns are simply stronger crossbows with a graphic change (i.e. once guns come into the sceen, no new crossbows will ever appear, there are no rare crossbows either), they are otherwise identical in all respects, including range. this is because Books now occupy the niche that crossbows used to, and do a better job there then crossbows ever did.

As for Longbows, any physical status effect, like Don't Act, Don't Move, Poison, or a repaired Oil status should be apropriate. The ultimate bows might inflict charm or confusion on targets.
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."

Skip Sandwich

April 08, 2009, 08:43:17 am #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
alright, chaos blade swap ideas
whatever replaces the chaos blade is going to need to be THE ultimate weapon of the patch, right? well, here are some ideas

in-game description
Name(weapon type)- stats
additional notes and comments

Though empty now, this bag is said to have once held all the evils of the world
Pandora(Bag)- WP 1, Initial Petrify, Always Poison, Inflicts random positive and negative status on hit (100% status hit formula).
This weapon functions like a weaker version of Kanbabrif's swords, what with the inherent negative status and the chance to inflict positive status as well as negative.

A powerful fiend resides within this sword, it grants great power, but drives the wielder to treachery and madness
Cursed Sword(Sword)- WP 15, Always Confuse+Regen, PA +4, MA +4, SP +4, Move +2, Jump +2
The idea here is that you give up control of the unit in exchange for power, if the initial berserk bug also applies to the confuse status, then you get one turn with which to direct your unit's actions before loosing control, if the initial berserk bug doesn't apply, then you had better think long and hard before using this weapon, as it would be almost certain that the sword bearer would be one of the fastest things on the battlefield. This concept is also obviously not limited to being on a sword, but swords are the most widely equipable weapon type.
"Dave?  Are you there?"

SentinalBlade

April 15, 2009, 05:30:36 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Cursed Sword - Excellent! :D

I do like the idea of making crossbows morphable into updated guns. having a new weapon type halfway through the game feels odd, this will help smooth it.

Books will get the spell %, which is still 60% to hit, so they will keep a low WP.

Spears need a change, despite their usefullness, suggestions for new names or elements/effects?

Longbows will get a status from now on. can you get me a small list of some new bows/added effects/elements to old bows?

Elements end up playing a HUGE part later on. Every armor will strengthen or weaken something, and monsters have many a various weakness/strength that will hanker on the unprepared. That is mainly due to you skip, for making the early version of your monsters have alot of elemental points

Skip Sandwich

April 15, 2009, 09:27:28 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
thanks for the praise, I always thought that the elemental system just wasn't taken advantage of in vanilla, glad to see you thought similarly. as for some bows, here are a few ideas I think sound cool

Longbow- standard bow, wind element, inflict poison

Traitor's bow- cursed bow used in a failed coup, always undead, holy element, inflict undead

Flint bow- fires flint tipped arrows wrapped in oily rags, fire element, inflict oil

Copper bow- fires metal arrows with crude chemical batteries attached, thunder element, inflict don't act and don't move
"Dave?  Are you there?"

boomkick

April 15, 2009, 11:43:19 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Chaos Blade --> Kazebas (random name)

This is sword has 0 WP, 5% W Ev., and no stat boosts whatsoever. But this sword has a 25% chance to cast All Ultima (if it still exists, if it doesn't, then Instant death should suffice).

Wyrmhero Blade
Very high WP, +2 PA. Always Silence.

SentinalBlade

April 16, 2009, 12:12:09 am #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Traitor's Bow, Copper Bow, Longbow, Wrymhero Blade are now in use.

Oil doesnt exist any longer; I removed it long before razele's ASM fix. Withered took its place; it prevents benificial status, such as protect or reraise.

Welcome back to posting in the SoR Forum, Boomkick :D

Skip Sandwich

April 16, 2009, 08:32:48 am #9 Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 03:58:49 pm by Skip Sandwich
Faerie bow- bow that fires arrows enchanted with faerie fire, fire element, inflict confusion

Heartbreaker- dark element, inflict charm

and crossbow/guns!

Bowgun- WP 4, no special effects

Crossbow- WP 5, no special effects

Ramada Gun- WP 6, no special effects

Night Killer- gun that fires silver bullets, WP 6, holy element

Hunters gun- a shotgun favored by hunters, WP 7, wind element

Mithril Gun- beautiful rifle with a barrel forged from mithril, WP 8, MA +1

Gastrifitus- a large-bore heavy rifle that must be braced with a bipod before firing, WP 12, earth element

:EDIT: changed WP of Gastrifitus from 10 to 12, as it seemed too low on later reflection.
"Dave?  Are you there?"

boomkick

April 16, 2009, 10:48:07 am #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Thanks Sentinel,

Change the name Unavoidable to something else, Like Deathbringer or so forth and put the unavoidable attack part in the description.

SentinalBlade

April 16, 2009, 04:14:27 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
SureStrike? im mainly out of names, after coming up with alot of the ones in SoR, and giving a few of the betters ones to mercenaries and CoP(going to delita's new class and several skills in generics, respectlivly)

I like those changes; itl give me the chance ot take Crimson Ruination down from 18 WP to probably 14 :D. it used to not be as unique as other guns without alot of WP, but if it was lower WP stone gun or such would outshine it.

boomkick

April 16, 2009, 06:27:54 pm #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Meticulous Blade?

Skip Sandwich

April 16, 2009, 06:31:37 pm #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
Crimson Runation --> Senryu

called the revolving dragon for its three barrels, this rapid-fire gun is capable of creating a storm of fire
Senryu- WP 10, Fire element, 60% chance of casting double tap

Double Tap- triple attack effect, fire element, deals (weapon) damage with a 60% chance of casting Hat Trick

Hat Trick- repeating fist effect, fire element, deals WP * WP damage

average damage works out to 196 damage on a neutral compat target, but its max damage is just 24 points less then the single shot 18WP version you had before (300 compared to 324). The absolute lowest WP you can set it to while still maintaining an average damage equal or or greater then that of the Gastrifitus is WP 9 (158 average, 243 max)
"Dave?  Are you there?"

SentinalBlade

April 21, 2009, 07:49:40 pm #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Nice boomkick, i will use that

Crimson ruination... i do like that name to much... Creating runes by fire never sounded so exotic....

your idea for senryu gave me a good idea for some lances though.

Tiamat being top-teir... each respective elemental head gettings its own ability.

Poco Loco

April 29, 2009, 07:56:40 pm #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Poco Loco
here is an idea for an axe

Vulcan's Axe - 20 WP, 40 Evade (or Vulcan Axe its up to you) Earth elemental

you should also make more spears

here are a few

Serpent 's Spear - 24 WP,  inflicts poison (immune to poison)
Leviathan - 35 WP, Water elemental (randomly casts  water) (absorb water) (1/2 ice and fire damage) (double lightning damage recieved)
Divine Justice - 41 WP, Holy elemental (randomly casts holy) (absorb holy) (1/2 dark damage)

these are like the stronger weapons seeing as how spears and axes are heavily over-looked in the game

I'll come up with some more later

but give me a weapon class and I'll think of something sick ;)
"I'm Dr. Rockzo The Rock & Roll Clown... I Do Cocaine" LMAO

SilvasRuin

April 29, 2009, 08:32:13 pm #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
Why would a weapon named after Vulcan deal earth damage rather than fire?  The connection to earth is loose at best, only being the minerals and metals one would work with in a forge.  The connection to fire is so much stronger.

SentinalBlade

April 29, 2009, 09:17:51 pm #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Vulcan referring to pagan term? Volcano is a more earth term, Vulcan is pagan or something for Volcano. the fire spewing out of the Volcano would be fire element, but the container would be earth.

I do see silvas's point though, and not everyones going ot catch that relation.

I also like the serpents spear and Divine Justice. though, none of the weapons go past 30 WP(you will eventually rely on equipment to boost your PA into uber range). ill adjust them and include them in 0.07

Only thing i need to do is find out whats causing the wraith sprite to dissapear... ifi cant figure it out in another 30 minutes, im releasing as is.

SilvasRuin

April 29, 2009, 09:28:38 pm #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
Unless I'm remembering incorrectly, Vulcan is the Roman god of the forge, known as Hephaestus in Greek.  And volcanoes.  A forge and a volcano both sound like fire to me.  The other connections they may have seem like a stretch.

SentinalBlade

April 29, 2009, 10:07:23 pm #19 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
My thoughts exactly, No one really thinks purely earth with the word vulcan(although if you look at it literally in the dictionary, in fact some interpret it into a cannon with lots of force). Itd be best in this situation to use another word.

would you suggest anything silvas? i need more earth element weapons.