• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

FFT the Holy Armada

Started by Izlude_Tingel, February 04, 2009, 11:30:12 am

Zalge

February 05, 2009, 10:58:36 pm #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zalge
I just thought I'd throw something in
How bout...

Isabella- Huntress - Skill: Archery Skills
Alester - Flare Knight - Skill: Burning Sword
(I just thought that maybe Alester could be fire themed xD)

LastingDawn

February 05, 2009, 11:04:58 pm #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Hmm... a patsy for Ramza...  I could actually see Griescher using this group as an excuse as to some of the things normally attributed to Ramza, haha! Yes, I think our two stories can go relatively hand in hand with Lenando, being part of Griescher's main focus in disproving the "good" that Ramza had done, by saying his group was responsible.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

ShadowX

February 05, 2009, 11:19:23 pm #22 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by ShadowX
Quote from: "Zalge"Isabella- Huntress - Skill: Archery Skills

Huntress, duh! now I feel like a sexist... *facepalm*

@LastingDawn: Hmm... that's something I would've never noticed even if I went back and fourth from your section to this tread over and over for 24 hrs. XD

Llednar

February 06, 2009, 08:56:46 am #23 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Llednar
Radcliff could = Holy Priest (uses healing magic and condemnation magic)
Torren... I was thinking (in my story) making the main character change over time.  Your main character could start with squire or ensign, go to captain, and then if we keep the navy idea admiral.

Class suggestion (if you keep the navy idea) Marine - equivilant of knight.  Instead of breaks could use Ferocity - which would be buffs/debuffs and minor attacks.

Class suggestion (ultimate class) holy knight - equivilant of WOTL's dark knight.  Instead of Dark Knight abilities it uses holy knight abilities.

SentinalBlade

February 06, 2009, 09:03:57 am #24 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
One thing id love to see in a sequel/side story is the development of balmafula

In her history/facts it says she fell in love with delita...though not much is given to why...it is clear to see delita cares for her to during the zeltenia castle scene, but still..there isnt much reasoning/background to it.

Llednar

February 06, 2009, 09:07:34 am #25 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Llednar
If she appears in the game, make sure to make her a sorceror, that is what she (supposedly) was in a multiplayer mission.  Another really odd thing about her is that she actually has a sprite on the character menu, despite the fact that (as far as I know) she isn't possible to get... somehow she replaced my Wiegraf, portrait and all which was funny.

Aquilae

February 06, 2009, 09:52:33 am #26 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Aquilae
I don't think the Holy Armada being a part of the navy is a good idea, logically speaking if they were part of the navy they wouldn't be sent to retrieve the stones simply because it is not their area of expertise. It would be more likely they would be sent to deal with pirates and protect trade routes instead of going to retrieve the stones, I feel you should keep your original idea of the group being a paramilitary group.
:gay:

Zalge

February 06, 2009, 12:02:03 pm #27 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zalge
Quote from: "Aquilae"logically speaking
Who cares about logic? if FFT had logic, then the Shrine Knights would never have existed, because logically St. Ajora was full of bull.

ShadowX

February 06, 2009, 03:43:39 pm #28 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by ShadowX
@Sentinal: That's something I'd also like to see, but you'd also have to see how much Izlude want's the Black Sheep Knights to play a role. The stones seemed unimportant to Delita's goal, but you can always change the way Delita made his way to King involving the Holy Armada... that's what event editing is for isn't it XD.

And also it could be stated that even though the Holy Armada is a faction of the navy their special skill proved more that worthy to take on a new task i.e. hunting down the stones.

Llednar

February 06, 2009, 08:09:35 pm #29 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Llednar
Quote from: "ShadowX"And also it could be stated that even though the Holy Armada is a faction of the navy their special skill proved more that worthy to take on a new task i.e. hunting down the stones.

XD sounds like the red wings from FFIV

ShadowX

February 07, 2009, 02:06:04 am #30 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by ShadowX
Quote from: "Llednar"XD sounds like the red wings from FFIV

Because Square already thought of every given scenario. ^_^

Llednar

February 07, 2009, 01:16:04 pm #31 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Llednar
yeah, they have done just about added every heroic cliche in their final fantasies.
Rebels, chosen heroes, working for a bad country and fighting back against it, the wanderer, Brainwashed/altered by the enemy, the reluctant hero, the criminal with a heart, a dude with a great life torn away from him, MMO, and the heroic thief fighting off oppressors.

Izlude_Tingel

February 07, 2009, 02:41:18 pm #32 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Izlude_Tingel
those are pretty good.
Perhaps Nanten Knight's should have skills similar to Tuckert.

I like all those suggestions, I just wish I could think of something for Torren and Radcliff

ohh, I didn't even read the second page!!

Radcliff isn't a priest, that's Gaston. And he's still a young priest....

Quote from: "SentinalBlade"One thing id love to see in a sequel/side story is the development of balmafula

In her history/facts it says she fell in love with delita...though not much is given to why...it is clear to see delita cares for her to during the zeltenia castle scene, but still..there isnt much reasoning/background to it.

Well, the main character in this story is Balmafula's brother. So There is going to be a lot of showing of her.

As for Torren being a captain or Admiral. The point of the Holy Armada was it was a secret group that was part of the Navy. On the surface, they seemed to answer to Lionel Navy officials, but they really answer directly to the Shrine Knights.
And they're completely unrelated to the Navy, however the suggestion oif having the Knight class turn to a Marine is good and I like it.

And lastly, I dont want to alter the original storyline in any way. According to this story, all the truths of Final Fantasy Tactics (If it will help, the 1997 version) (and if it will help you, Lastingdawn, the documents published by Alazlam Durai) are intact. I'm just working off of the parts where people aren't being shown.
The time between the Zeakden incident and the Princess' kidnapping for example. For both Rmaza and Delita.
Or, what happened while Delita was a member of the Black Sheep Knights. Something like that. The Holy Armada is a secret paramilitary group that acts under the Shrine Knights.
On the surface they seem like a division of the Navy, but half of the time they aren't even in a port city... let alone the sea. Does that make sense? They're acting as a group of the Navy, but are really a paramilitary group that does the Church's bidding.

Llednar

February 07, 2009, 03:58:55 pm #33 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Llednar
Sorry, I was took the and away from the priest and Radcliff

Yeah...that is a good idea, telling the untold stories as well as the side story.

CidIII

February 09, 2009, 05:43:21 pm #34 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by CidIII
Armada doesn't have to refer to a fleet of warships...
I refuse to play Final Fantasy Tactics again until I am able to do my FF6 patch! And, FFT 1.3 doesn't technically count as FFT: so there!

Izlude_Tingel

February 11, 2009, 02:05:52 pm #35 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Izlude_Tingel
First, really? What else could it refer to, I've ever heard it that way. Actually, the only time I've heard of an Armada was the Spanish Armada.

second, your signature is awesome ._.

DarthPaul

February 11, 2009, 02:22:40 pm #36 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
...........Armada only refers to a fleet of warships or a large number of ships.........I have found multiple sources on this one before posting.

Though it is seen referring to other things though, not as often.

So even without boats Holy Armada still stands as an awesome title.

Also yes that sig is amazing.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Izlude_Tingel

February 11, 2009, 03:28:51 pm #37 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Izlude_Tingel
You really like it?
I did think that The Holy Armada was a very respectable name.

Much like I see the Nanten, Hokuten, and Aegis are. So, that's why I gave them such a title.

DarthPaul

February 11, 2009, 04:39:05 pm #38 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Where does Aegis come up with other than the shield.

Wait never mind I remember now.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

CidIII

February 11, 2009, 05:20:34 pm #39 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by CidIII
Well, armada can refer to an Armed Force. Some Spanish speaking countries refer to their armies as an armada.

It makes no difference, however.
I refuse to play Final Fantasy Tactics again until I am able to do my FF6 patch! And, FFT 1.3 doesn't technically count as FFT: so there!